Keeping other half happy when camping.

I'm not usually one for a niche thread but the other half has me stumped, bala is booked for end of May but already the other half is whingeing about how she will get her hair straight when away camping. Apparently the £3:99 12volt straighteners I got off eBay aren't good enough :sleep:
Here is a plea for any ideas on keeping her happy when away camping, i'd like the initial problem solved, I know @andythom188 had a generator for this very reason at busfest 2017, I take it that worked?
Are there any good 12v solutions to this and any other issues that may occur.
I don't think chocolate will cure everything.
the generator failed to power the ghd.s my inverter got them warm but not good enough. bala has electric hook up

You men!! :rofl:

You just buy her these! Job done. You’re welcome ;)

View attachment 17185

Yes @Deejossi this solution looks perfect. I knew the answer was out there. Do they also do a hair dryer? :D

Ah, so it’s all your fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leaves on the line/ too much sun/ wrong type of rain.
I'm faulting.....I'm the little orange man you see coming to fix the problem. Leaves and sun are genuine issues that can cause delays to everyone's day however those people are still having a better day than a woman with "campsite hair" according to the other half. She also approves of the cordless straightners.

Must admit I read the first post and wondered if this was a hypothetical "my 'friend' has a problem" type conversation? ;)

@Sjacko20 it goes in Feb 3rd. It will be nice to have it done but the prospect of commuting to work through Feb on the push bike takes a bit of the excitement away.

@Sjacko20 it goes in Feb 3rd. It will be nice to have it done but the prospect of commuting to work through Feb on the push bike takes a bit of the excitement away.
It’ll be worth it, just think of the Strava miles on the new group ;) Ours is in 2 weeks later but fortunately our eldest is at Uni and so we have her car. Look forward to seeing the finished article complete with hair straighteners:thumbsup:

May be she isn’t the camping type. The idea is to ruff it a little. Take a big club with you hit her over the head and drag her into a cave old skool. She might even like it :inlove:

It’ll be worth it, just think of the Strava miles on the new group ;) Ours is in 2 weeks later but fortunately our eldest is at Uni and so we have her car. Look forward to seeing the finished article complete with hair straighteners:thumbsup:
I should start recording my rides outside. I do about 150miles a week. I can't get rides on my fitbit to appear on Strava.
Stick you nose round the corner and have a peak at my van and check it's ok when you drop yours off.

Back