Keeping other half happy when camping.

Ed Webb

Webber
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'm not usually one for a niche thread but the other half has me stumped, bala is booked for end of May but already the other half is whingeing about how she will get her hair straight when away camping. Apparently the £3:99 12volt straighteners I got off eBay aren't good enough :sleep:
Here is a plea for any ideas on keeping her happy when away camping, i'd like the initial problem solved, I know @andythom188 had a generator for this very reason at busfest 2017, I take it that worked?
Are there any good 12v solutions to this and any other issues that may occur.
I don't think chocolate will cure everything.

I feel your pain i'm married to a hairdresser and it takes a lot of careful negotiation if we are not on a electric hook up :laugh:

What wattage are normal straighteners ?
Bala has mains hookup, just buy an extension lead ?

If it was my wife, I'd buy the oldest smokiest, loudest generator I could find, then remove the exhaust from it, and cut her straighter lead so it's 4" long and tell her she has to plug straight into the generator.

Ok, then I'd wake up and just do as I'm told.

What wattage are normal straighteners ?
Bala has mains hookup, just buy an extension lead ?
We have hook up for bala. But apparently we have to plan for time when that isn't available.
I was completly confused when given the slow cooker link as a solution.
@Tourershine, I try to do what I'm told, a generator means I have to get up and then mentioning "add choke" may give her other ideas.

Last edited:
How is she going to straighten her locks in a slow cooker ?

i got all excited then and thought i'd sorted out a nice birthday present and some brownie points, then i clicked the link:eek:

i got all excited then and thought i'd sorted out a nice birthday present and some brownie points, then i clicked the link:eek:
Sorry to get your hopes up.... have you tried the slow cooker solution? It could be the break though we need.

Just get an extension lead you can plug straight into the e-hook up, job done. I have a 110ah battery set up and that won’t even boil a kettle!

Just get an extension lead you can plug straight into the e-hook up, job done. I have a 110ah battery set up and that won’t even boil a kettle!
I work for network rail and we're renowned for drinking tea... now you've got me upset too :(

thank god for that we will be on about dry shampoo next let's get back to wheels and suspension

Back