Keeping as standard as possible

High ground clearance in the Subaru and Yeti makes sense though. It's hard to argue that a Transporter doesn't sit a tad high surely?

exactly, thats why any tweets have to be subtle, and yes it is a van (base), and most people want to remain a reasonable level of practicality. Form Follows Function is the maxim of the best designs.

Rockton; Alltrack; Panamericana; Seikel have all got big arch gaps, but still good designs, fit for purpose.

image.jpeg
This was her before I sold her and some clown out empi 8s on, she was even lower on std wheels.

Totally with you on these mods! Awesome ideas! I have nasty plastic surrounds ready to go on when my private reg on pressed plates goes on! Going to be doing this when I get back off holiday. I will then be looking at getting lowered by 20mm and wind deflectors and done!

.....and done! Well we will just have to wait and see what happens ;);) It's a mental condition....... maybe just one of those;
or maybe the wheels could be just a little darker, just a tiny tint of gunmetal grey; a little more contrast, what it would look like if i was wearing sunnies; so you would hardly notice:waving:, ohhhh, it is sooooo hard to resist perfecting the masterpiece.

I like standard but with a few accents so I'm going to keep my Anthracite Thunders off my T5.

I'm not a fan of lower vans and wild camping and rough car parks make ground clearance a necessity.

We had a van with side bars that often saved the cills whereas our current T5 is on 30mm lowers simply to get the SCA roof under car park barriers. The problem here was getting the sink waste ripped off the cill by tyre debris on the motorway.

Our new T6 will have a Cali roof so I'm less worried about height but we will have a Wallas hob/heater so going with adapted side bars to protect the intake/exhaust.

All about function over form ;)

I like standard but with a few accents so I'm going to keep my Anthracite Thunders off my T5.

I'm not a fan of lower vans and wild camping and rough car parks make ground clearance a necessity.

We had a van with side bars that often saved the cills whereas our current T5 is on 30mm lowers simply to get the SCA roof under car park barriers. The problem here was getting the sink waste ripped off the cill by tyre debris on the motorway.

Our new T6 will have a Cali roof so I'm less worried about height but we will have a Wallas hob/heater so going with adapted side bars to protect the intake/exhaust.

All about function over form ;)

Yep, and among other things, it is that, that makes the VW T6 the best designed van. Because it doesn't have styling designs over the main function of carrying loads/people etc in a very efficient way

Totally happy with the way ours looks but much more importantly, how it performs. We needed that clearance several times when away; no way I'd sacrifice that or a proper spare for a bit of vanity.

The additional underbody protection the T6 has is also great; very little to whack on obstacles.

I found the mud flaps and side bars we had on the old one just collected dirt, scratched and got damaged so keeping this one clean and simple. Just like me after a shower.

Totally happy with the way ours looks but much more importantly, how it performs. We needed that clearance several times when away; no way I'd sacrifice that or a proper spare for a bit of vanity.

The additional underbody protection the T6 has is also great; very little to whack on obstacles.

I found the mud flaps and side bars we had on the old one just collected dirt, scratched and got damaged so keeping this one clean and simple. Just like me after a shower.
True true! Not lowering mine anymore!

Mud flaps should be compulsory on all vehicles IMHO- far safer for all when the spray is kept to a minimum.

Its amazing how much spray can come of vehicles at motorway speeds so any way to reduce it has gota be good.

Wouldn't want to be behind an artic without the dam things...!

Mud flaps should be compulsory on all vehicles IMHO- far safer for all when the spray is kept to a minimum.

Its amazing how much spray can come of vehicles at motorway speeds so any way to reduce it has gota be good.

Wouldn't want to be behind an artic without the dam things...!

You say that but what was vw thinking when they made the rear mud flaps for the t5/t6 they are awful and make the van look hideous

I'm not a fan of any mud flaps but they aren't that bad, nothing black and sticky out is going to look good......IMG_2149.JPG

Back