Just starting out

Iggster

Hi guys
This is my first post so bear with me
I'm just in the process of starting out with the camping thing. I've made my mind up it's got to be a transporter so just asking what are the main things I need to be looking at before I go and spend my wife's money.

Hi guys
I'm just in the process of starting out with the camping thing. I've made my mind up it's got to be a transporter so just asking what are the main things I need to be looking at before I go and spend my wife's money.
Probably that she's overly trusting and completely innumerate.

Have a read around this forum to get a feel for what you want.
Write it down.
Then have another read around the forum on those more specific things.
One oft repeated recommendation is that you hire a van for a weekend camping trip to help you decide what is important.

Pete

Some fantastic vehicles come up for sale on this forum....
For example:

Hi guys
Welcome.

Beg, borrow or steal (or just hire) one. Then you will know if it's right for you and the missus, and may help you decide what / which / etc. etc.

Ditto, hire one. We did this before converting and gave us a good idea of what we needed.

I would say too, when you hire it, use it as you wish to use it. If you hire it and pitch up for 2 weeks you won’t experience the same as if you do the NC500 or something touring round

Reactions: CAB
Just to say that we didn’t hire one first and tbh we don’t think that it would have told us anything extra. It may even have been misleading because we would have been basing our thinking around someone else’s (the hire company’s) needs.

Hiring a van certainly may work for you, but not necessarily.

Plenty of research, ask many questions, no such thing as a stupid question.
Especially when you're parting with the bosses money.
Only been a member on here for 3/4 weeks myself and everyone has been extremely helpful.
Pick mine up tomorrow.

Thank you for all the advice it's much appreciated my next question is does it matter what it's down ad on the log book is it a campervan or transporter I've been told to make sure it's a campervan but I don't know why ?

Thank you for all the advice it's much appreciated my next question is does it matter what it's down ad on the log book is it a campervan or transporter I've been told to make sure it's a campervan but I don't know why ?
Have a Search, there is an enormous discussion already on the “Motor Caravan“ classification.

In summary, doesn't matter these days.

Does it have any impact on the insurance ?
No. The Insurance companies are aware of the DVLA's stance.

Read this and all will become clear.

See you back here in a couple of days :think smile bounce:

Back