Just starting out - advice on van with ‘factory’ carpet…

Rob_P

Hi all,
Newbie here… no van yet but looking to buy.
looking for a T6 lwb for a diy conversion into a camper.
one question I do have - I have seen a transporter with alleged factory carpet - floor and walls.
just thinking this through - do these come with carpet as an option?
my question was going to be whether I will need to rip the carpet out to properly insulate it or will it come with insulation from the factory?
but I’m now wondering is this is actually aftermarket? Was it an option?
van also has glass in both doors (twin sliders) and glass in rear tailgate.
is this actually a crew van with no rear seat?
but it does have a rear bulkhead behind fron seats (with a window).
any thoughts appreciated…
thanks in advance
rob

You can certainly get carpet in the cab as an option from the factory.

But think about how you’re going to use your camper. If you expect to be in and out in muddy boots from walking, sandy shoes from the beach etc, the rubber may be far more practical and easier to clean.

Unlikely that it has factory wall carpet.

As above, my current van has factory cab floor carpet. The side panels are the usual cardboard panels which I have carpeted.

The flooring is the factory padded vw Kombi mat which I really like - kind to your knees when loading stuff in the back and particularly good with our push bikes as carpet would get muddy. This is also the reason I have installed the wheel arch plastic covers. In the Kombi second row I have installed a fitted carpet mat which basically extends the cab carpet into the second row seating area

6823434F-FEDF-4FCC-8B9E-9ABE36AFE0C7.jpeg

9490A6FE-8D09-4FD2-8943-072180A709DA.jpeg

Unlikely that it has factory wall carpet.

As above, my current van has factory cab floor carpet. The side panels are the usual cardboard panels which I have carpeted.

The flooring is the factory padded vw Kombi mat which I really like - kind to your knees when loading stuff in the back and particularly good with our push bikes as carpet would get muddy. This is also the reason I have installed the wheel arch plastic covers. In the Kombi second row I have installed a fitted carpet mat which basically extends the cab carpet into the second row seating area

View attachment 168098

View attachment 168099
Is the rear carpet an OEM item or from one of the aftermarket suppliers? Looks good

Back