Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
Towbar - fixed ball
Armrest for driver and single front passenger seats
App Connect
Fuel tank with a volume of 80l
Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
Fresh air intake system with activated charcoal canister
Rear heated window with window wiper and washer system
Lumbar support for driver and single passenger seats (manual)
Tyre pressure warning light
Green heat insulating glass in cab with green privacy glass in the passenger
compartment
Tailgate lock with electric locking / release via remote
Swivel seat: Passenger (not height-adjustable)
Heated driver and front passenger seats
2 remote control folding keys
Voice control
Headlamp washer system with heated front washer nozzles and washer fluid level
indicator
Without model and engine designation badges
Without Bulkhead
2 additional lashing rings for load restraint system
Second maintenance free battery with cut off relay
Additional dust seals
Matte black side bars
2 year extended warranty
Going to phone VW and see if I can get comfort dash. Dealer said not possible in a panel van.

Last edited:
Will hopefully arrive in September.
Looking to lower
Add sliding Cambee 3/4 bed
Insulate, carpet, rear speakers
Diesel night heater
Home made side storage

Just ordered T6 T28 204 DSG Highline in Starlight Blue
With the following extras
LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights (Tailgate) with red tail lights
Folding wing mirrors; power adjustable and power folding
Driver alert with Multi-function display plus
Tailgate with window
Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
Towbar - fixed ball
Armrest for driver and single front passenger seats
App Connect
Fuel tank with a volume of 80l
Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
Fresh air intake system with activated charcoal canister
Rear heated window with window wiper and washer system
Lumbar support for driver and single passenger seats (manual)
Tyre pressure warning light
Green heat insulating glass in cab with green privacy glass in the passenger
compartment
Tailgate lock with electric locking / release via remote
Swivel seat: Passenger (not height-adjustable)
Heated driver and front passenger seats
2 remote control folding keys
Voice control
Headlamp washer system with heated front washer nozzles and washer fluid level
indicator
Without model and engine designation badges
Without Bulkhead
2 additional lashing rings for load restraint system
Second maintenance free battery with cut off relay
Additional dust seals
Matte black side bars
2 year extended warranty
Going to phone VW and see if I can get comfort dash. Dealer said not possible in a panel van.
Well that's quite some spec. Now the agonising wait commences.

@Zave , do you tow regularly? If not consider the removable tow ball, as then you don't keep bashing your knees/shins when loading or unloading?

@Zave , do you tow regularly? If not consider the removable tow ball, as then you don't keep bashing your knees/shins when loading or unloading?

Yes, did think of that. But when I researched, most people tended to keep their removable ones in place either for convenience or they had seized.

It's unlikely I'll use it much at all. But I specced it in case I wanted it later for a hitch bike rack.

I assume I could scramble underneath and unbolt it if I wanted to.

I got told that the reason they seize is that water gets in when they remove the tow bar, and don't put the plug back into the socket (greased).

I got told that the reason they seize is that water gets in when they remove the tow bar, and don't put the plug back into the socket (greased).
I see. Think I'll take my chances with my shins though. Will remind me I've got a tow bar. Plus parking protection.

Looks like a great spec - my only slight concern, with all the extras and your intent to do some conversion work, would be that you have gone for a T28. Depends how far you are going to go with the conversion and how many of you there are but our van (fully converted T30 150DSG Highline PV) weighed in at 2,870kg - this was with 3 of us, dog, everything we take camping, including full fuel, water tank (75litres), 3 bikes but without the trailer which will add about 50kg to this. Don't get me wrong, lots of people convert T28s to campers and we could easily do things to get well under the 2800kg such as run with an empty water tank but I would prefer to just be able to load as I want and not have to worry about it - if I was ordering again the first thing I would change is going for a T32 to take away any concerns re. ever overloading.

Blimey that IS heavy! Must weigh ours loaded one day but the V5 weight is a notch over 2600kgs.
Mass in Service Weight? Ours shows as 1979kg on V5 - yours would be much more realistic as ours was aftermarket conversion. If yours was based on a T28 (we know its not) that would mean 200kg for passengers, luggage, bikes/rack, etc.. I'm guessing that fully loaded with everything/passengers you would be close to the weight we saw when we weighed ours.

Mass in Service Weight? Ours shows as 1979kg on V5 - yours would be much more realistic as ours was aftermarket conversion. If yours was based on a T28 (we know its not) that would mean 200kg for passengers, luggage, bikes/rack, etc.. I'm guessing that fully loaded with everything/passengers you would be close to the weight we saw when we weighed ours.

Yep probably similar. 4motion is quite heavy; about 130kgs I think.

Weight. I've ordered a T28 and did have the dilemma of whether or not this shall give me enough payload. I didn't want to pay the extra for a T30 however as I'm going to upgrade the suspension anyway and I believe this is where the additional cost goes so would be a waste of money.

Assuming a 2t mass in service weight this steel leaves 800kg of load. That's 10 average sized geezers. Allow 5 passengers including driver, then I've got another 3 geezers worth of payload for the rear seat, bikes and other stuff.

Even if you upgrade the suspension, your leagle weight limit is still 2.8t unless you get it adjusted vitro through dvla & vosa..

Back