Just arrived

Kenne

VIP Member
Hi guys
Recently picked up my t6
I waited a long time to find this one
Very difficult & expensive to find good used vw in ireland
I use this van for work & leisure
I had my t5 for 6 years trouble free motoring fingers crossed this one will be the same
Anyway looking forward to this t6 forum
Kenne50784387-E471-4E85-BA22-06B101C6719C.jpeg

Oooh! Snazzy looking! Where about Ireland are you? This forum is a font of knowledge and expertise that also provides a giggle on occasion.

The way I look at it, subscribing is about a quid a month for access to a good read and experience. Cheaper than a newspaper! (Or a punt before you guys went all Euro. At least the Irish had a unit of currency that rhymed with “bank manager”!)

Forgot to mention
I’m from CORK
I’m a Donegal boy myself, but been living and working in UK for over half my life now! What are you thinking of doing with your van? I have a 2018 California and just upgraded suspension and wheels so far

I’ve just put on the davenport wheels
Windows are ordered should be here next week,lm checking out bracket to make bench seat fold forward. End plan is to convert to camper, but the market is gone a bit crazy here , long waiting list for conversions, hence join the forum and have a go myself !!

I’ve just put on the davenport wheels
Windows are ordered should be here next week,lm checking out bracket to make bench seat fold forward. End plan is to convert to camper, but the market is gone a bit crazy here , long waiting list for conversions, hence join the forum and have a go myself !!
You’ve come to a very good place then! I am lucky as mine is a camper/day van which we use as a family car. Our two boys and two dogs just love it. There are some folk on here who have done stunning conversions, and I mean absolutely stunning, so there are lots of pointers available! And, if you are unsure or stuck, they are quick to advise.

I’m not surprised that all the converters in Ireland are booked up. The same is happening in the UK. However, and it’s a big “however”, they have a much better access to the supply chain than Ireland does. Many of them would be happy to “supply only” yet be available on the phone to guide/help you. Some DIYers on here have posted very informative “How I did it” threads.

I am an advocate of DIY as it means you know the job is done properly! I am also a lazy sod, so I often just go to “the best” and have them do it!

Check out @Texxaco van. He only picked it up last week and it is drop dead gorgeous before he does anything to it. If he went cruising in London or Cornwall, heads would turn! God knows what he will do to it now!!!

I’ll be sure to check it out
When all this covid stuff gets sorted I hope to bring van to the uk for some of the really difficult parts of the build ( pop tops etc)

Good thinking! I’m racking up a “shopping list” of stuff I’d like done and will drop my van in for a day to have it done when lockdown ends!

@JOG i have started mine too although most of it is out of stock or has a massive wait time.

I really want T6 tailgate LED number plate lights but can’t find them anywhere. Everywhere seems to say barndoor only.:thumbsdown:

@JOG i have started mine too although most of it is out of stock or has a massive wait time.

I really want T6 tailgate LED number plate lights but can’t find them anywhere. Everywhere seems to say barndoor only.:thumbsdown:
Aw bugger! My LED numberplate bulbs just arrived from flea bay! Are you saying I need a unit?!!

I hope not too, let me know if they work @JOG. If they do I will be ordering them sharpish.

I hope not too, let me know if they work @JOG. If they do I will be ordering them sharpish.
Will have a rummage between conference calls tomorrow!!! (Or, if the call is really boring, during them!)

Sounds like what I do not, teams on one windows T6 shopping in the other if its a boring call.

Looks like I wasted money on bulbs....numberplate light unit gets replaced?

0EC74C52-69FA-4F86-9F17-5D9985285A56.jpeg

Back