JL remote control

warren

Does anyone know how to get this apart to mount it on the dash. I assumed I could just pull the knob off but it won't slide off.

20170218_235434.jpg

I'm pretty sure the black knob pulls off, but from memory they are really tightly fitted.

@warren Got one in my dash, bought from Absolute, but mounted myself.
The knob does just pull off, it simply takes some brute force so don't be overly gentle. Once it is off, unscrew the lock nut and washer. Take the little screw out of the back and remove all of the contents of the housing (be very careful as there are some thin connections. Next decide which blank plug you want it in on the dash (I went for top right nearest to the drivers hand - as I have lots of blanks in my dash). Pop the plug out, mark which is the top so you can realign it properly. Drill the hole through the centre for the rotary spline. On the back of this blank plug you will see some plastic fins, with a gap down the middle. Now comes the tricky bit, using a sharp Stanley blade you need to slice this plastic away until the gap is big enough to slide the circuit board of the control into it. I found it was easier to do a bit at a time and keep checking for fitment so I could not balls it up. Insert the rotary spline through the hole, slip the circuit board into the slot, put the lock nut and washer back on (there should be a black one in the kit - which is the one i used as it blends in with the switch), push the knob back on, pop the plug back in the dash, and hey presto.:thumbsup:

WP_20170219_08_54_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20170219_08_54_14_Pro.jpg

Excellent response, I'm fitting speakers and amp today, all the floor is up and my van is a right mess. Roll on this week and hopefully I'll be able to drive it again!

Back