Jinyu Tyres?

VanMan48

T6 Pro
Need two front tyres for my T6 T32 and my local tyres fitters have Jinyu's in stock for about £90 each fitted, but I've never heard of them so wondered if they are any good?

Currently have Uniroyal Rainsports which have only lasted a year (10k miles or so) so was keen to get something a bit harder wearing. Run 18" alloys with 255/45 R18 's

Thanks!

I have Jinyu winters on my wife's Mini cooper S and she loves them.
Although £90 does seem expensive for a budget 18" tyre, considering there might be more mid range tyres in that price bracket.

My van came from a dealer with new Jinyu's all round and they were pretty poor. I would avoid.
The van would wheel spin from a standing start and they were pretty noisy.
They were replaced by the dealer (as they were the incorrect load rating for a T32) with Michelin Cross Climates and they are much better.
They are a fair bit quieter and I haven't had any wheel spin at all, even though it's a 204.
I agree with Tourershine that £90 seems really expensive. You are getting into quality brands at that price.

I’ve had Jinyu on my A4 Avant for about 2 years and I had no issues with them.

I'd go with what @TitanCamper said. His is the only response that's relevant to a T6. Tyres are funny things and what works great on one vehicle, might not be the same for another.
My wife ran Generals as summer tyres on a previous Mini and they were amazing. Very sticky, very quiet and lasted for about 30k which is huge mileage on a Mini Cooper SD.
I thought they were so good, I ordered a set for my T6 and they were the worst tyres I'd ever used on my van. Nothing like the characteristics on the Mini, yet exactly the same tyre, albeit an inch bigger.

They are made by Sailun as a sub brand as are black lion my profesional advise would be they will be lacking in wet grip and rolling resistance I would look for Davanti or Landsail if you are on a budget

Back