JCT York!

Well the engine management light made an appearance again today, called VW assist and they arrived within half an hour. Hooked his laptop up to the van asked me if it had the adblue update, I stated that York VW had told me they had done it when they flushed the EGR cooler last time 25000 miles ago. You guessed it, not done.
Evidently I’m not the first to lied to by them, he installed the update, cleared the fault, topped up the adblue and gave me the sheet for more free adblue.
I live 10mins walk from VW York but will visit lookers Teeside from now on for everything.I hate being lied to.

My van was back into the garage today (Parkway Leicester) for a missed software update on the audio system and to fix the "SOS error" which turned up last time it was in for the Bowden cable warranty fix.
I'd had a conversation with the service manager over two weeks ago regarding the SOS error and he said it maybe the control box problem. So went into pick the van up and it's not been fixed and they need to order a new control box as its faulty!!!!! Unbelievable.
On the plus side my Android auto audio issue has been fixed with the update.

Well the engine management light made an appearance again today, called VW assist and they arrived within half an hour. Hooked his laptop up to the van asked me if it had the adblue update, I stated that York VW had told me they had done it when they flushed the EGR cooler last time 25000 miles ago. You guessed it, not done.
Evidently I’m not the first to lied to by them, he installed the update, cleared the fault, topped up the adblue and gave me the sheet for more free adblue.
I live 10mins walk from VW York but will visit lookers Teeside from now on for everything.I hate being lied to.
I too had issues with JCT600 York VW who told me my software was up to date last year following EML's.
When I took it in, they sheepishly admitted it wasn't and updated it with the obligatory free ad-blue top ups.
They also wanted £100+ for the `inspection'.
I too voted with my feet and went to Lookers Teeside, free 'inspection' and very customer focused. Will be taking it there for servicing within warranty.

My dealer (JCT Sheffield) told me that only a very limited number of vans needed the Adblue software update and my van did not need it. My van was registered Nov 2017 and from reading posts on here I sure the dealer is not being truthful.

A further loss for JCT York is the new golf for SWMBO it will now be a purchase from elsewhere.
I like to vote with my hard earned pounds

• Love
Reactions: JOG
You would think in modern times, with the ability to notify the world of a bad experience, businesses would be a bit more focussed on the customer and doing a good job!

500 yds away from VW York is a small husband and wife garage North Yorkshire Motors and the service there is first class they do all my servicing and mot work and have done for 10 years. I cannot give Tim and Jeanette enough praise they don’t have to ask for customer surveys because the service they provide is the sort of people they are.
The only suit they charge for is a boiler suit.

500 yds away from VW York is a small husband and wife garage North Yorkshire Motors and the service there is first class they do all my servicing and mot work and have done for 10 years. I cannot give Tim and Jeanette enough praise they don’t have to ask for customer surveys because the service they provide is the sort of people they are.
The only suit they charge for is a boiler suit.
I need to find a place like that in South Leicestershire!

I do lots myself on older cars and some stuff on the van but there are some jobs I dont have the space / kit to do so need ‘assistance’!

Earning a customers trust and confidence comes naturally to some people, large business don’t grasp that it is better than paying for advertising lies.

I need to find a place like that in South Leicestershire!

I do lots myself on older cars and some stuff on the van but there are some jobs I dont have the space / kit to do so need ‘assistance’!
I can reccomend somwhere in Derby... not quite south leicestershire...

Back