JCB VW Ashford

Sackmycook

Ex-owner
T6 Legend
I went online yesterday evening and put a reservation fee down on a used VW approved T-Cross after doing due diligence with Laurence the sales bod. He sent me videos and all the relevant info for me to make a decision.
Today I get a phone all from a different sales guy (Laurence is off today apparently), telling me that due to a computer glitch, the car was already reserved. A very weak apology and no offer of an alternative like they're supposed to. Very poor customer service and a lesson learnt that using VW website to reserve a vehicle, may not be worth it.
I wonder if they use Fujitsu?

JCB Ashford - my nemesis? Surely not!

This is the dealer I ordered my van through - they upped the price but waited 13 months before telling me about the price rise. Currently going through TMO as I believe they breached the sales contract.

I went online yesterday evening and put a reservation fee down on a used VW approved T-Cross after doing due diligence with Laurence the sales bod. He sent me videos and all the relevant info for me to make a decision.
Today I get a phone all from a different sales guy (Laurence is off today apparently), telling me that due to a computer glitch, the car was already reserved. A very weak apology and no offer of an alternative like they're supposed to. Very poor customer service and a lesson learnt that using VW website to reserve a vehicle, may not be worth it.
I wonder if they use Fujitsu?
The cynic in me is strong with this one.

Once youve got your motor then switch to CVS in Canterbury for service and warranty work. Have had great service with them and not so great experience at JCB.

I suspect the 'other customer' was local and paid a lucrative finance package as opposed to my cash and no chance of getting it serviced there.
I'm a cynic too

Reactions: Bav
I suspect the 'other customer' was local and paid a lucrative finance package as opposed to my cash and no chance of getting it serviced there.
I'm a cynic too
Yeah I was thinking along those lines. Something with better commission had popped up since your deposit went down.

Dealers hate cash buyers! Customer service went out the window when I told them I would like to buy my van cash! His response was well I ain’t making no money out of this deal then!

Back