Jaibow Conversions and camper hire

huxwar

T6 Guru
Thought these guys deserved a thread of their own, as looking through the forum there are plenty of good mentions about them.

Having gone to Busfest last year for the very first time and trawling around all the great stalls, we entered a competition being run by the Jaibow guys. It was guess the number of sweets in the jar. To our complete amazement we got a call back from them two weeks after saying we having won!!!!

We didn’t win the sweets, we actually won a three night trip in their converted hire van. Given a choice of long weekends we ended up going last month. Jason called a week or so before to confirm pick up/drop off times and tell us a few other details.

After heading to Yorkshire early on the Friday, Jason welcomed us and gave us a nice little demo of the van(kitchen/gas/poptop etc) and showed around his workshop with other Vans getting converted too. It looked very professional.

On our return on the Monday he helped us swap our things back to our own van and showed us the new hire van they are building to replace the one we used, before we headed off.

All I can say is, thankyou again to Jason @ Jaibow. And for anyone considering conversion or want a hire van to trial beforehand to see what a conversion is like (especially as the new one hits the streets soon), give him a call or go pay him a visit in Holmfirth or their stall at Busfest 22’.

735332BD-78AD-48DF-B14F-D5622AA45FE9.jpeg
C7E449E2-65F6-4FC6-91A8-A23E911FBF8A.jpeg171A1684-CFDD-4E07-AB7F-BB576F974667.jpeg

Last year, immediately following the end of lockdown #1, we hired that very same van for a long weekend:

JB.jpg

My intention was specifically to assess the Hilo roof and more generally to assess a Jaibow conversion.

I was impressed by the Hilo and by Jaibow's fitting of the Hilo. The spec of the base van and the conversion itself was, by Jason's own admission, budget-oriented (which makes perfect sense for a hire van), but everything was very well put together. Having discussed a conversion at length with Jason and having reviewed a WIP van and a completed van (which I later found out belongs to @Leehoops), I'm confident Jason would have done a quality job with the conversion.

In the end, I had my head turned by another convertor, but would recommend anyone considering a campervan conversion to check-out Jaibow's operation in Holmfirth (///highly.enacts.basically).

Back