Isp Advice Needed (no Transporter Content)

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just wondering if there's anyone out there in the telecoms/broadband sector that could advise me what to do about an issue I've got.

Been with Plusnet for 18 months and never had a problem, but as they all do, once I got to the end of that contract they yanked the price up from £24 a month to £35, so as I usually do I switched. In this case I went with about the only provider I'd never tried before that was offering a decent price which was Vodafone. All went ok and I got an email from them about a week ago telling me my service would switch over to them on the 18th June.

Then on Fri 24th May I woke up to no internet. This didn't bother me that much at first as I live in a rural village and outages of half an hour or so are not that unusual, in fact a sparrow with a cough can interrupt our telephone lines. Got back from work that night and it was still out so I checked into the settings on the router and there was no DSL present. Rang Plusnet to be told that Vodafone had taken over my line that day. I was surprised by this and told them when it was supposed to be happening, but they were insistent. So I plugged my Vodafone router in and no connection so I rang them to be told that they didn't know what Plusnet were talking about, nothing would change til the 18/6 and I should ring them and tell them to put it right. To cut a long story slightly less long, I've spent almost 4 hrs in 3 calls to each centre and each one is absolutely adamant it's the other one's fault and won't do anything.

In the meantime I face having no broadband for almost 4 weeks, which is gonna kill me! Entertainment, CCTV, burglar alarm and loads of other things.

I am bending towards it being Vodafone at fault as when I plug their router in, the green broadband lights up and in the settings I can see it's sync'd at 19.8Mb/s down and 1.3 up, it says VDSL connected and even gives me my IP address, which a lookup shows belongs to Vodafone, whereas the Plusnet router shows everything blank. However when I tell Vodafone this, I just get the same denial script read back to me no matter how far it gets "escalated" and being told I don't understand how it works and that my line will go live on 18/6 as per contract.

I'm losing the will to live and can't face speaking to another call centre drone, but am I right in my assumption and is there anywhere I can go to who'll resolve this before I have some sort of breakdown?

Lodge a complaint with Ofcom, that will go straight to the Chief Execs office at Vodafone, I’ve had to resort to this a couple of times with EE, works every time.

Rang Plusnet to be told that Vodafone had taken over my line that day.

If you still paying Plusnet till the 18th of June, it’s their responsibility to keep you connected till that date.

If plusnet are saying Vodafone took over the line.. can you ask Voda to bring the start date forward?
( you need to be careful with contracts )

It’s Openreach that will Connect and disconnect you at the main junction box, if you are not getting any joy from Plusnet or Vodafone, I’d see if Openreach can shed light on the situation.

It's probably openreach that have jumped early and made the change in software to vodafone. It is normally impossible to get through to a person that can help you. I would get yourself a 4g mobile router and get yourself an alternative feed until this is working and then claim some compensation t cover your addition costs.

Logged on courtesy of Taco Bell while beig forced to consume a large burrito. That's just it, I'm not paying Plusnet or Vodafone at the moment, Plusnet say my service was moved to Vodafone on the 24/5 and I'll only be charged up to then, Vodafone say they can't take over my service til 18/6 and won't charge me before then. They say it's not possible to bring the date forward. The mobile router is a no-go unfortunately, there's no 4g where I live, in fact it's only possible to get 1 bar of 3g by the windows upstairs at the back of the house, elsewhere it flickers between Edge and no data.
I'm going to see about putting a complaint into OFCOM as suggested and see if I can get any joy, it's a ridiculous situation, a few days I could bear bur another 3 weeks is not on.

No progress on this. I've put in an official complaint to Vodafone, but the Ofcom thing is a non-starter. They got in touch with me to say that although my complaint would be recorded for statistical purposes, they don't get involved in individual cases so can't help. They gave me the details of the industry body that govern Vodafone, the CISAS, but unfortunately they will only act if the problem is still unresolved after 8 weeks from when you complain to Vodafone, by which time my problem will have gone. F'in farce :mad:

That surprises me re. Ofcom. I had 2 disputes with EE, I filled in an on-line complaint form in Ofcoms’s website & I was contacted by both Ofcom & EE within days. The first dispute had been running for months & was resolved within a couple of days of contacting Ofcom. I wonder if they have changed their SOP.

That surprises me re. Ofcom. I had 2 disputes with EE, I filled in an on-line complaint form in Ofcoms’s website & I was contacted by both Ofcom & EE within days. The first dispute had been running for months & was resolved within a couple of days of contacting Ofcom. I wonder if they have changed their SOP.
Yes I filled in the online form on the Ofcom site and they got back to me the following day with a pro forma email thanking me for my complaint and to explain that complaints were collated by them and grouped by type, so that they can take the telecom company to task if too many of a certain type of complaint are received. The upshot was "sorry mate not our problem" so yes it looks like their remit has changed since you had dealings with them. Needless to say no word from Vodafone.

Yes I filled in the online form on the Ofcom site and they got back to me the following day with a pro forma email thanking me for my complaint and to explain that complaints were collated by them and grouped by type, so that they can take the telecom company to task if too many of a certain type of complaint are received. The upshot was "sorry mate not our problem" so yes it looks like their remit has changed since you had dealings with them. Needless to say no word from Vodafone.
Bugger! I’ve also used this approach in the past, go straight to the top...
Your visit to ceoemail.com

Back