Vodafone Protect & Connect S5

Alan Ginger

Psychiatric Nurse (retired)
T6 Guru
I had the Vodafone Protect and Connect S5 fitted January 2021: in January 2022 I renewed my contact for 3 years £430 through Vodafone Automotive.

All was great until 6 weeks ago when both the fobs started to disconnect/ switch off from the unit. Customer Service would then contact me with a theft alert. I would phone them to say all was well - this issue has gone on now almost on a daily basis.

on some occasions we are able to switch the fob back on so Vodafone don’t phone me and I don’t need to phone Vodafone.

The problem can even occur when I am driving along the road with the fob in the van. We have changed the batteries and re synced the fob on two occasions.

Customer Service sent me one new fob as a good will gesture. The problem persists even with the new fob. Customer Service now tell me I can buy a further new fob for £25 or get an engineer out for £125. I am now waiting for a call from a manager.

• Sad
Reactions: Bav
Contacted by Vodafone to tell me that there is nothing wrong with the equipment and there is nothing they are prepared to do about the issue. If I want to buy a new fob there would be a charge of £25 and a service call would be at my expense.

In my opinion this is appalling customer service.

Back