Is This Swivel Seat Any Good?

Looks like a Sportscraft swivel to me? I've got two fitted, they are very sturdy and don't rock or creak. Easy to fit, just slide the seat forwards to get the rear bolts out and slide it back to get to the front bolts and the swivel bolts down onto the base and the seat drops down onto the swivel. 10 minutes work to do each side.

If you've got heated seats then you'll need to unclip the connector and pass it through the hole in the swivel.

Don't forget that you'll need to have the seat fully raised in order to avoid the plastic trim under the seat and the handbrake from catching, not a big deal at all.

You will lose a bit of head room, but I'm 6ft 7" and my head still clears the roof.

Looks like a Sportscraft swivel to me? I've got two fitted, they are very sturdy and don't rock or creak. Easy to fit, just slide the seat forwards to get the rear bolts out and slide it back to get to the front bolts and the swivel bolts down onto the base and the seat drops down onto the swivel. 10 minutes work to do each side.

If you've got heated seats then you'll need to unclip the connector and pass it through the hole in the swivel.

Don't forget that you'll need to have the seat fully raised in order to avoid the plastic trim under the seat and the handbrake from catching, not a big deal at all.

You will lose a bit of head room, but I'm 6ft 7" and my head still clears the roof.

So for the drivers side seat did you need to lower the handbreak?
I was just going to go for the passenger seat only as I thought fitting a swivel seat to the drivers side was a hassle with the handbreak etc.

Yes, that’s a Sportscraft model. Mine are a squeaky, rattly pile of cr@p, that are coming out next week for our summer trip to Italy. They rock and bounce about so much, my wife won’t sit in the front on big journeys. But the ability to spin the seats around when working is just too useful the rest of the time. I’ve had spinners on a T5 and a Vito and never had a problem, but these Sportscraft are dreadful. Just too much bare metal against bare metal.

Yes, that’s a Sportscraft model. Mine are a squeaky, rattly pile of cr@p, that are coming out next week for our summer trip to Italy. They rock and bounce about so much, my wife won’t sit in the front on big journeys. But the ability to spin the seats around when working is just too useful the rest of the time. I’ve had spinners on a T5 and a Vito and never had a problem, but these Sportscraft are dreadful. Just too much bare metal against bare metal.

Oh, I won’t bother with these then, is there any type you could recommend?
I just want to do the passenger seat as I read the handbrake would need lowering which means cutting bolts and welding etc if I want the drivers seat doing.

I'm really surprised that they squeak and rattle, the way the seat locks into position in 4 places makes it impossible to rock, I can't see how it could happen?

Maybe they've improved them, maybe yours need tightening but I've had no issues with mine and I'm very heavy, very tall and they don't rock or squeak at all.

I know there was an issue with the swivel handle vibrating, but they've added a little rubber grommet that stops this from happening.

Oh, I won’t bother with these then, is there any type you could recommend?
I just want to do the passenger seat as I read the handbrake would need lowering which means cutting bolts and welding etc if I want the drivers seat doing.

I didn't actually fit my swivels originally, it was part of my bus conversion, but I've had them in and out since a few times since and it's possible the handbrake got lowered when they were fitted originally.

This is the complete kit, with new handbrake mount - SPORTSCRAFT VW Transporter T5 / T6 Driver Side Seat Turntable / Swivel c/w UK Handbrake Kit

I don't suppose anyone has a picture of this little rubber gromit? I've put pads on all four corners to try and stop the base and plate coming into contact with each other but to no avail, and yes the locking pin on the swivel handle is the worst culprit for rattles.

I don't suppose anyone has a picture of this little rubber gromit? I've put pads on all four corners to try and stop the base and plate coming into contact with each other but to no avail, and yes the locking pin on the swivel handle is the worst culprit for rattles.

I'll take a couple of snaps in a minute and post them up.

Back