Is A T28 Enough?

Hi
Im in the process of looking at (swb) transporters which will be good as the base for the conversion. I've been speaking to one converter and their recommendation was to go for a T30 or T32.

Id be looking at a fairly standard conversion of pop top, rear seat/bed and kitchen units and just presumed a T28 would be all i needed, am I mistaken??

cheers!
Mike

I’ve converted a T28 and, with a steel HiLo poptop, Cali bed on rails and MDF kitchenette, I’m weighing in at 2400kg (2/3rd diesel tank but empty water tanks) so a 2800 should be fine.

Mines a T28. Fully loaded to the gunwales I’ve been unable to get it over 2700kg so you’ll be fine. Saying that, if I had a choice between 2 identical vans and one was a T30 and the other a T28, I’d pick the T30, but I wouldn’t pay extra for it. And I’d avoid the T32 like the plague, not necessary for a camper and comes with all sorts of restrictions on wheels/tyres etc.

Hi
Im in the process of looking at (swb) transporters which will be good as the base for the conversion. I've been speaking to one converter and their recommendation was to go for a T30 or T32.

Id be looking at a fairly standard conversion of pop top, rear seat/bed and kitchen units and just presumed a T28 would be all i needed, am I mistaken??

cheers!
Mike
Mine is the t28 140 bhp highline with conversion to camper poptop cooker bed etc even fully laden when we go away I have plenty of power

20191026_180213.jpg

T28 here, bought ready converted and at the risk of sounding like an idiot this was without it being a T30, with only 102 and not 204 hp, no DSG or 6 speed just 5, both the gearbox and turbo being made of cheese, H4 glow worms not LED over the horizon Radar lamps yet despite all of these shortcomings our heroic van manages to cart the two of us and all our junk to various camp sites with ease and a certain amount of style a veritable family pet!

T26 Hillside Birchover, weighed with 2 people, camping gear, grub & bikes at 2520, upgraded on paper to 2800 just on case.
Cheers
Phil

Back