Is a sink really worth having?

We only ever sleep in the van. Just come back after 3 & a half weeks.
I’ve done 5 weeks this season. Austria x 2, Spain, Italy, Slovenia. Off back to Spain, Bacqueria Beret next month Heli skiing but I’m flying this time. If I get my van back in time I’ll fit in a sneaky trip to Mayrhofen this month.

I’ve done 5 weeks this season. Austria x 2, Spain, Italy, Slovenia. Off back to Spain, Bacqueria Beret next month Heli skiing but I’m flying this time. If I get my van back in time I’ll fit in a sneaky trip to Mayrhofen this month.
How do you find places to stay in the van anywhere near a ski resort? I thought they'd been trying to stop that kind of thing and force us to use chalets etc. I'd be really keen to know as this is something I really want to do.

How do you find places to stay in the van anywhere near a ski resort? I thought they'd been trying to stop that kind of thing and force us to use chalets etc. I'd be really keen to know as this is something I really want to do.
Plenty of aires & campsites. We stayed at:-
Camping municipal, Montchavin
Stealthed 3 nights at Chalet La Roche
Huttopia Bourg Saint Maurice
Camping La Foret, La Rosier.
Many ski resorts have aires, some free, some to pay.
We’ve skied France, Italy, Austria in the van. Seek & ye shall find.
Park4night, Search for Sites & ACSI are your friends.

Mate they have campsites all over France, Spain and Austria that cater for camper vans. An example is Stubai Glacier. There is a campsite 5 miles down the road with a ski bus stop outside. The site is built for Hiking and skiing. You get a ski locker, boot room and drying room. Hook yer van up eat in it or the site restaurant, use the swimming pool or sauna. Or just get shitfaced! In October it was €12 a night no hookup, €14 with hook up.

Hintertux Austria stay in the car park outside the gondola for free. Bacqurie Beret stay in the Vielha car park for free or the car park next to the gondola. No-one gives a toss. there is s thriving community in Bacquria they have nightly BBQs in the car park it’s great fun.

Thanks guys. Sorry if that was a dumb question. This is all new to me. What is ASCI?

Thanks guys. Sorry if that was a dumb question. This is all new to me. What is ASCI?
ASCI is computer code for the different letters on your keyboard. Where as ACSI is a discount camping card that gets you off season cheap rates on campsites :whistle:

ASCI is computer code for the different letters on your keyboard. Where as ACSI is a discount camping card that gets you off season cheap rates on campsites :whistle:
And if you push Alt 156 on yer keyboard you’ll get a £ sign!

ASCI is a ‘club’ that will get you good discounts on campsites off season in Europe, well worth it for long trips.
They do have a systemic problem with cancelling membership and payment, read the small print is my advice.

They do have a systemic problem with cancelling membership and payment, read the small print is my advice.
I’ve found the reverse tbh, I get a reminder every December saying that they’ve been unable to take my payment, so I have to log in & pay it manually.

Back