Interior Trim/dash/console, Is This Area Easy To Replace?

Rabbit

T6 Pro
Hi,
For the life of me, I can't remember what this part is called :rolleyes:, but thankfully a picture is worth a thousand words :laugh:

I would like to cut a rectangular hole here
IMG_0742.jpeg

To fit this
IMG_0744.jpeg
But I'm not sure if the dash section is part of one big piece that runs along the front of the van or is a separate part(s), I'm trying to make it so as in the unlikely event I sell the van it can all be restored to stock without to much hassle.

I'm planning to fit one of these :D
DIRECTOR.png

That’s part of the upper dashboard. It’s all one piece

That’s part of the upper dashboard. It’s all one piece
Darn I was worried that might be the case :( still it's such a good location I might do it anyway, otherwise only other option is where the cigarette ashtray goes/lighter is.

Quick question I'm i right in saying that the Brown with a black trace is the illumination wire that I can pick up at either the cigarette lighter or light switch/headlight adjuster? Does it send an 8 to 18v signal when on? Perm live and grd I'm picking up at the DSP already

Darn I was worried that might be the case :( still it's such a good location I might do it anyway, otherwise only other option is where the cigarette ashtray goes/lighter is.

Quick question I'm i right in saying that the Brown with a black trace is the illumination wire that I can pick up at either the cigarette lighter or light switch/headlight adjuster? Does it send an 8 to 18v signal when on? Perm live and grd I'm picking up at the DSP already
No, the ambient lighting circuit is grey with blue trace. You find it at any of the dash switches.

Back