Interior rear lights fuse spur?

I have fitted the self adhesive strip lights around the rear of my van for loading for more light temporary, i wired these straight into the existing loading lights to come on/off at same time, but now i have decided to strip rear and do lining conversion im going to drop cieling an inch to hide led strips around edge to shine outwards, i also want to put 6 spot lights in with all the lights would anyone recommend i put a spur fuse in and how do i go about doing it?

Thanks

Probably not a bad idea as the existing fuse will be 7.5 amp or even 10 amp and any cable supplied on the LEDs will be well below this rating. So, when you connect up to the existing loading light circuit insert a 3 amp inline fuse in the + connection. You can pick up an inline blade fuse holder from motor factors or Halfords.

Probably not a bad idea as the existing fuse will be 7.5 amp or even 10 amp and any cable supplied on the LEDs will be well below this rating. So, when you connect up to the existing loading light circuit insert a 3 amp inline fuse in the + connection. You can pick up an inline blade fuse holder from motor factors or Halfords.

Thanks will look into it sure guys in halfords can help, is it worth changing the fuse on front aswel for this?

IMG_1103.JPG Purchased fuse holder from Halfords and connected all the supply cables to stuff around van and all ok . Now need to do a perminant connection . Will the wire connectors in the forum shop fit into the spare fuse holder . If so I can do away with the Halfords and make a connection into the spare ways available? ( 5 amps to remove and fit in between 15&20 amp fuses Vw )

Yes, the repair wires and the individual crimp connectors will fit into spare fuse ways from the back
Its a bitch to populate the dash fuse box as its hard to get to rear but small engine one is pretty easy as it all lifts out and is readily accessible, if you have a crimp tool you can put connectors directly on end of cables leaving no joins

Thanks Pauly this fuse holder is under passengers seat and the holder easily unclips so will be easy to neaten up this area before I think about putting the carpet back . Almost will look all a professional job !

Your wight no feed rail , will see if a feed rail is available at the dealers but doubtful . If not can make something up to suit , some sheet copper in my shed . They must look something like the bus bar in the household consumer units , maybe a little smaller.

Back