Insurance tips

Dmw916

T6 Pro
Hi all I take delivary of my first t6 tomorrow to convert into a camper, so looking for any tips on insurance I'm going to be converting it over winter so a bit unsure to go about insurance any help much appreciated.

A good converter / garage will have commercial insurance for a vehicle on their property but you need to get that in writing and make sure they aren’t storing it on the road or other place off premises.

A-Plan do a van conversion policy. Insured as the original vehicle, but know you are converting it over the life of the cover.

Pete

Brentacre are another insurance company that don’t charge for each mod you make

Hi all after a couple of quotes I went with justkampers which seemed the best deal .

I must be doing something very wrong, justkampers quoted me almost £1000 for a 2016 transporter that's been professionally converted last week!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
I must be doing something very wrong, justkampers quoted me almost £1000 for a 2016 transporter that's been professionally converted last week!!!!!
Think yourself lucky, I have an M postcode and that makes my insurance a lot more than a BL postcode 50m down my street :(.

A PLAN my 6.1 full comp converted camper all extras including alloys side bars etc all covered
£580 well pleased

Just renewed mine with Safeguard. Was lower than last year and a reasonable £430 for a 2019 T6 conversion

Reactions: CAB
Just renewed mine with Safeguard. Was lower than last year and a reasonable £430 for a 2019 T6 conversion
Would not insure me if I put side bars on though, but the insurance is good value otherwise. Mines due for renewal next month.

Would not insure me if I put side bars on though, but the insurance is good value otherwise. Mines due for renewal next month.
Ah that’s annoying. I’ve got solar panel and awning and that was ok. No mods to the vehicle but that’s good to know if I was going to add things like that

Ah that’s annoying. I’ve got solar panel and awning and that was ok. No mods to the vehicle but that’s good to know if I was going to add things like that
I have a solar panel and awning also plus a different head unit. All no problem.

Back