Insulating/sound proofing

Just remember if pulling new cables through,Mao attach a new pull-cord as well as the new cable for the next time.... Otherwise it's a one time use system.

@T6 Dave :thumbsup: Thanks for the reminder to all as I did include it in the earlier post ;). However, it is a point to be emphasized as it is too late once you've drawn the cord :cry::cry:

Anyone used an aircell type 4mm closed cell insulation over the hardboard/ply with hidden clips?

Extra insulation and a nice soft backing for the stretch carpet?

Anyone used an aircell type 4mm closed cell insulation over the hardboard/ply with hidden clips?

Extra insulation and a nice soft backing for the stretch carpet?
If you use it , be careful there isn't much clearance between the sliding door and the wheel arch ,when the door opens .

Hi all
I have had my T30 Kombi for just over a week now and I am looking forward to doing the insulating, sound proofing and carpeting the panels etc. After watching various videos and reading some articles, my biggest issue is the variation in people using a wide variety of different products. So my questions are to those who have already been there.
What is the best products to use for insulating : real wool, plastic wool, foam, spray foam (for area you can't reach)
What is the best product to use for sound proofing.
Panels! Ply or use the panels that are factory fitted and just carpet over them.

Thanks
Hi, what did you use to line the T6 please? I have just purchased a T6 Kombi... looking at insulating and would appreciate a steer? Cheers

My choice is acoustic insulation roll. Acoustic insulation roll has a quilted polyester wool absorber towards the noise source to both block the sound from escaping and to absorb the sound that is reflected.

Last edited:
I have literally just finished mine today and here's my opinion.

Sound deadening - silent coat 2mm. This goes on first. Remove panelling and stick it to as much exterior bodywork as you can. Something I noticed. A lot of people go waaaay overboard with making sure everything lines up perfectly and that every single square millimetre is covered. Forget it! Don't be too anal. It makes little to no difference. Chuck it on and get on with something more fun.

Insulation - I used a combination of 25mm Celotex and loft insulation (its just what I had lying around) Stuff the insulation in the crevices and hard to reach places, and the celotex covers the larger areas. Bit of gaffa tape if needed hold in place. Panels back on. Down the pub for chucking out time.

Would you recommend the sound deadening silent coat? I don't need insulation. did you use egg foam on the ceilings?

Back