Inovit Frixion 5 in black, 18”

What's the ride like on these? I'm thinking of going for these but with 8.5J all round on 19s or maybe the blitz. Still undecided as yet

With the Koni Active suspension it feels great. I can't say much more because i've not tried 18 or 20 inch, i went straight for 19's because the common consensus seems to be the best for looks & comfort!

I was looking at the 19” Frixion 5 wheels but got a good deal on some used sportline 18” alloys.
Got to say compared to my 17” Devonports the 18” Sportlines are more comfortable and take the pot holes better. I’m on H&R coilovers down about 50mm.

I was looking at the 19” Frixion 5 wheels but got a good deal on some used sportline 18” alloys.
Got to say compared to my 17” Devonports the 18” Sportlines are more comfortable and take the pot holes better. I’m on H&R coilovers down about 50mm.
Tbh I'm after T6 sportlines in black and diamond cut but very hard to find at a good price. Hence, looking at inovits. I too am on 17" Davs and looking to lower around 40-50mm. Currently stock set up feels fine. Nothing to rave about. I'm glad to hear both of you guys are saying ride is better and not worse

Tbh I'm after T6 sportlines in black and diamond cut but very hard to find at a good price. Hence, looking at inovits. I too am on 17" Davs and looking to lower around 40-50mm. Currently stock set up feels fine. Nothing to rave about. I'm glad to hear both of you guys are saying ride is better and not worse
75A4BB1E-E3EE-41FE-929E-98E89F4B19FA.jpeg

In what way would you describe the ride as better?

On the 17” Davs when I went over a pot hole ect it was harsh but with the 18” it seems smoother.
Must be placebo as you have less tyre wall on the 18"? Therefore less shock absorption, unless they tyres are significantly different?

I suppose a smaller wheel is more likely to drop down into potholes whereas a larger wheel is more likely to skip across them.

Back