If you could change things...

Gazbadge

VIP Member
T6 Pro
We all do the "aftermarket" things to our vans that VW don't offer as an option but knowing what you know now, would you change anything about your van (new or used) if you could factory spec it again?

Mine,
Spec LED headlights!!!
Ditch the factory satnav (got app connect so it's practically useless.. and it was bloody expensive for what it is)
Probably be tempted by twin sliding doors
Power latching doors

Light hearted thread, just interested to know.

Aside from a Power tailgate and a better looking lower bumper (Not sportline) Floyd has everything else I wanted.

Fitted the wrong sportline wheels ( well Vw did) 30 months later cost £795 to fit the silver version ....we live and learn :cry:

you all know how it is ...first van syndrome ....then you become a forum member ...Lesson learnt :laugh:

5.1 Beach here. ACC. It wasn't available when mine was new. I've had it on a substitute van from VW while the roof rot was being repaired, and loved it. Comfort lighting on the rear base of front row seats to light the rear passenger area when the door is opened, since mine gets used a lot with 7 passengers.

I was lucky that I found a van that ticked 99% of all my boxes (204, DSG, Indium Grey, LED’s, leccy doors, lowered, 20” wheels, comfort dash)
Only things I’m missing are 4motion and heated seats, although the seats aren’t really critical with Simora, different if I had leather.

Last edited:
VW should offer a black lower dash and door cards as a FOC option from the factory. It wouldn’t cost anything for some black dye in the mouldings and it’s stupid expensive as a retrofit!

when I ordered my T6 comfort dash wasn’t available, I think there was a 6 month period in 2017 when it wasn’t available.

And I wish I had ordered factory LED and reverse camera.

still prefer starlight blue over my indium grey.

But ended up with a great deal on a cancellation order so not all bad

I would have bought an house (ideally arts and craft style) with a large sweeping drive that comes in on one side of the property front and swept back out on the other side, possibly with a large feature tree or pond in the middle of the semi circular island.
Additionally an at least double width garage with loft and Bendpak car lift, these added to my perfectly adequate camper would complete the circle nicely.:thumbsup:

I am very much but not right now. On the radar though.
Big lump of money!
We had electric sliding door on our 5.1 and SWMBO misses it. In fairness, it was quite handy when approaching the van with shopping. (Blooming annoying on a campsite with the beeping when nipping out for a middle of the night pee!)

Reactions: CAB
Only might have chosen one with less damage, but wouldn't have got a 2019 TSI, so so far, not a lot. Possibly highline would have been nice for the steering wheel

Back