I Thought I Wanted One.........

Haven’t been following all the posts about the 6.1. This is the first one i’ve really looked at; got to say i’m not a fan of the front end.
I agree, I liked the side Transporter badges and the Steering Wheel so a lot of money to change just for that.

Same here, just not having the front end, especially the big plastic trim at the bottom. Reminds me of them horrible Ford Kas that had more plastic bumper than metal bodywork!

If the lower grille was covered up on that black one, I wouldn’t have even noticed it was the new model

Starting to improve.

I said when I first saw the 6.1, it just needed lowering, nice wheels and some gloss Black attention.

View attachment 56189
Not much better looking in my view. That grill and bumper look awful, no amount of gloss paint is going to solve that. The lower part of the main grill needs a blanking plate colour coded, or better still, a T6 front end!

The step-up from my T5.1 Highline to the T6.1 Highline is going to be huge. Heated windscreen, adaptive cruise, electromechanical steering, quieter engine, Android Auto, DAB, leather steering wheel, folding wing mirrors etc. Plus I've spec'd heated seats, DSG, reversing camera and LED headlights.

The interior design is a massive upgrade - I think it looks really good. Although a shame the LCD instrument cluster isn't available for the panel van.

I agree the front end isn't great, but I'll never be the one looking at it, so for all the benefits the 6.1 brings, I cannot wait for mine to arrive (mid January I hope).

whats going on with the rear badge placement . . . . !!!

who come up with that idea? - immediate de-badge reqd me thinks.

upload_2019-12-12_10-17-24.png

Still not impressed. If the upper grill blended into the lower grill keeping the line from the inner edge of the headlight on the way down it would be much better, but then it would need 4 rings on the front, not a VW badge.

The gloss black bumper inserts look a whole lot better than the standard front end to be fair.

Not keen on the front end at all, and no TSI option. I do prefer the dash though

Back