How To Find Out The Bhp Of My Van

Jonny Greenaway

Hi

I have just bought my t6 shuttle and I was wondering how to find the bhp it’s supposed to be 102 bhp but it seems a little slow

Slow compared to what? The 102 is pulling a van not a 1 ton car. I have the 102 and it's not as fast as a new Audi Quattro but it's quicker than a push bike. I found it plenty for doing the wild Atlantic Way recently with a full camper conversion. Weighing at least 2.66tonnes. The route involved some nice hills and steep climbs. If you're happy enjoying the journey the 102 is more than capable of keeping up with modern traffic and sensible overtakes, if you want to get places fast then it probably isn't the best engine for you.

my 102 feels like it could do with a new fuel filter with only 10k just dosent seem to accelerate crisply,i know its never gonna set the world on fire but my old t5 runs rings round it

Look in the Service Schedule booklet. Inside the cover page is a stuck-in label. Look for 75KW about 4 lines down.

If it's less than that then you don't have a 102bhp model.

Pete

Just checked it says 101 BHP T30 MPV great REG JONNY

Thanks spook I have had the reg for a few years. I had to leave the car in today there was a recall on the ecu and I noticed on the service sheet I signed it said 84 bhp on it so I am a bit confused

Back