How not to lay an oak floor..

Fish

Joiner
VIP Member
T6 Legend
My task today was to rectify someone coke-up..
Poor customer paid for this "lovely oak floor" 12mths ago.. !

20170210_091721.jpg 20170210_092206.jpg 20170210_095407.jpg 20170210_091605.jpg

Blimey, that's shocking. Thinking of putting an engineered wood floor in my kitchen/diner.

OMG that is shite even th epine floor I laid did not distort that bad. Is that laid on concrete. I laid two oak floors in my house. The bedroom one was the first which is laid on some sicky back foam used for the job, then down stairs I did the same but useing a dampcourse, fiberboards then the foam. Also laid an egineered oak floor in a similar fashon but no sticky foam. What sort of idiot ddi that job then Bodgeit & legit

OMG that is shite even th epine floor I laid did not distort that bad. Is that laid on concrete. I laid two oak floors in my house. The bedroom one was the first which is laid on some sicky back foam used for the job, then down stairs I did the same but useing a dampcourse, fiberboards then the foam. Also laid an egineered oak floor in a similar fashon but no sticky foam. What sort of idiot ddi that job then Bodgeit & legit

Not sure who did it, I suspect it was the builder.. I think it was laid on concrete that wasnt dry enough.

IMG_1703.JPG
My task today was to rectify someone coke-up..
Poor customer paid for this "lovely oak floor" 12mths ago.. !

View attachment 4838 View attachment 4839 View attachment 4840 View attachment 4841
What a mess doesn't look like they have sealed the floor and haven't even used any lumberjack 650 adhesive or similar.
This is how you lay wood flooring and I ain't even a builder I'm a rough ass electrician :rofl: I must admit I do have one piece of oak floor in front of the French door that has curled due to the Mrs using this door to smoke dirty fags so moisture has gotten to it, no 10" screws in mine fish :thumbsup:
( kitchen still needs finishing touches awaiting her in door to decide on tiles or glass splashback

View attachment 4880
What a mess doesn't look like they have sealed the floor and haven't even used any lumberjack 650 adhesive or similar.
This is how you lay wood flooring and I ain't even a builder I'm a rough ass electrician :rofl: I must admit I do have one piece of oak floor in front of the French door that has curled due to the Mrs using this door to smoke dirty fags so moisture has gotten to it, no 10" screws in mine fish :thumbsup:
( kitchen still needs finishing touches awaiting her in door to decide on tiles or glass splashback

Looks great mate..
Cut a 'mat well' into the doorway mate.. that save the voards and any mositure from outside transfering.

Really simple to do mate.. just picture frame a rubber backed mate..mate sure the mate is thinner than the board to stop any dirt flicking across the floor.. a 1/4" difference is enough to keep dirt in mat area..

Really simple to do mate.. just picture frame a rubber backed mate..mate sure the mate is thinner than the board to stop any dirt flicking across the floor.. a 1/4" difference is enough to keep dirt in mat area..
I've got to get my dads m8 Steve the joiner in to do some curved oak work tops for the breakfast bar and while I have him might as well get me money's worth and get him to cut this Matt in and oak skirting, haven't got the time to do it working 7 days

Back