How many windows ???

ninenine22

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I can't make up my mind how many windows to have in my van or to be clearer how many that let light in and you can see out of.
I plan on having an openable window behind the driver and a dummy window behind that in case I go full conversion one day on the other side I plan on have another openable window behind the passenger and here's where the problem is do I put another dummy window or do I put another normal window in next to it ? the tailgate also has a normal window in it.
Do you really need that much light in the back? is it a future selling point? I don't know.
What do you guys think?

We went “full glass” on our conversion. The converter suggested we didn’t need glass in the rear nearside after the “C” pillar. We went for it anyway & I’m glad we did. To be able to see out when we’re sat on the rear seat (it’s a LWB) is a bonus. Also, if you hear a noise in the night, you can look out without having to get out of bed.

I purchased what was described a ‘window’ van. Every panel has a window (apart from the roof!) It had 9 seats though I’ve seen them advertised bereft of rear seats.

We plan to convert into a camper at some point and one of my many design dilemmas has always been the rear right window as its likely to be covered by cupboard. At least partially. We’ll probably apply black film on the inside so no light passes through then cover it up.

If I had a choice I’d go with @T6ChrisO ‘s approach!

@AJCConversions That looks really interesting and gives me some options.

How does the window covering work on the partially covered window? If curtains, does the ‘hidden’ half just stay permanently across so you dont see the back of the cupboard?

We have side window behind driver, and door and rear quarter on passenger side, and tailgate. The nearside ones are useful when manoeuvring, and I miss it when the curtains are closed. We went all fixed glass to avoid any slider leaks.

Reactions: CAB
Back