House Alarm Systems...

Andrew

T6 Guru
Hi all.

I’m moving house in a couple of months and have decided to get an intruder alarm as I work away sometimes and I’d feel happier with my wife having some protection.

It’s a new house so they are offering to put one in during build. The price they want is £1500 for front door & patio door detection and about 4 pet friendly PIRs. Unknown brand & quality of the alarm.

Is this reasonable value or should I wait till I’ve moved in and sort myself? Could I get better for my money?

Thanks.

Andy

That seems a bit steep to me but alarms vary quite a bit on price depending on what make/type of system that is installed and if you want a basic alarm or something higher level with prox fobs for setting/unsettling etc etc

The problem you have now is if it’s not installed during build then it’s a lot trickier to install afterwards without seeing cables running around unless you go wireless, it’s worth noting though that generally all wired alarms use a standard type of cable and connect in the same way so you could ask them to run the wires and sort it later ??

For that sort of money you’d want redcare (police notification) included.

Back