Holes left by rear seats! Help!

Smileysmile

I'm looking at buying a 2020 kombi with t/g but owner had extra row of seats put in to use for business clients. I would want to remove them and install a track for one row of seats to slide to original position or back so as to have a table to fit in between. What will be left if seats removed completely? Big holes into the floor? If so how many, how big and what would be the cleanest way of sealing them up? Thanks

What sliding system are you thinking of putting in?

The last row of seats nearest the tail gate are held in by 4 brackets, each bracket is bolted to the floor by 2 bolts so 8 holes in total

The last row of seats nearest the tail gate are held in by 4 brackets, each bracket is bolted to the floor by 2 bolts so 8 holes in total
Seriously? Oh heck. 8 holes to fill! That sounds like a nightmare. I wouldn't want to just put though bolts in and nuts with silicon.

It's twin doors. I don't think it'll work. A fridge and collapsible table won't rest on moving door. What a twit I am.

The rear row floor brackets is literally 8x 10mm holes as mentioned above. These are simple to remove too as you don’t need to remove heat shields or exhausts or diesel tanks.

Doesn't look like they fitted the seatbelts in the pics so less to remove there.

You could do a number of things to seal the holes like grommets, small nuts and bolts, use sikaflex sealant or abit extreme but you could weld them up.

The twin slider is very practical - I had them on my last van. Even if you want to fit a kitchen pod or unit with a fridge down that side, as long as it is not fixed to the sliding door it will work and if you open the sliding door you can get to the back of the unit or pod.

I made this which fixed to the floor rather than the sliding door…

87D39130-8FB3-4AD5-9C6A-FC6C6CB1D786.jpeg

314133AB-EC96-4BAD-9889-78DFA6C3F525.jpeg

Yes, welding would be my preference. If done properly. Is that a fridge?

You might be overthinking this a little. Commercial vehicles have holes drilled in them for all kinds of things like racking, ply lining etc etc

As long as you paint the holes (if the person who fitted the extra seats didn’t) to stop rust and fill them with something to stop the water coming in like a grommet or blob of silicone they’ll be fine and obviously underneath whatever flooring you fit.

No, it was a hob and sink unit - the gas bottle and water bottles lived inside it with some extra space for storage.

Back