Hilo roof

Yes the cali roof is much higher, say about 40mm or so but conversely there will be more headroom inside the van so swings and roundabouts.

Hi

Has anybody used a Thermarest Luxury Map mattress with the hilo roof and can you deflate the mattress enough to close the roof?

Cheers
Paul

So time to give this thread a bit of an update.
Have now got my Hilo in, and as reported on other threads here and there had a few teething niggles.
Two main ones really, firstly the roof creaked terribly when it was housed, even when travelling the smoothest of motorways. And secondly it was nigh on impossible to pull it down.
So I have been back to the installer a couple of times and I think we may have now got a solution. I have kept quiet about the installer until now as I wanted to make sure things were right so it didn’t sound as though I were berating them; but it was VanDoc near Redditch.
@Dean@VanDoc has been very patient and had the van back this week and diagnosed a bit of rubbing on the front plastic trim that hides all of the rivets. So he has applied some sponge tape to this and the underside of the roof in the same place, and touch wood in the hundred or so miles i’ve done since picking it up, it seems nice and quiet.
Dean has also let a bit of gas out of the struts, meaning that I can pull it down.
For those that have seen my comments on the thread about pop top fabric repairs, I managed to trap my canvas in the hinge the other week. Dean has even patched that for me, and applied the same shape of fabric to the other side in the same location so that it doesn’t look odd.
Really hoping that this will be teething issues over.

Have now got my Hilo in, and as reported on other threads here and there had a few teething niggles.
Two main ones really, firstly the roof creaked terribly when it was housed, even when travelling the smoothest of motorways. And secondly it was nigh on impossible to pull it down.
So I have been back to the installer a couple of times and I think we may have now got a solution. I have kept quiet about the installer until now as I wanted to make sure things were right so it didn’t sound as though I were berating them; but it was VanDoc near Redditch.
@Dean@VanDoc has been very patient and had the van back this week and diagnosed a bit of rubbing on the front plastic trim that hides all of the rivets. So he has applied some sponge tape to this and the underside of the roof in the same place, and touch wood in the hundred or so miles i’ve done since picking it up, it seems nice and quiet.
Dean has also let a bit of gas out of the struts, meaning that I can pull it down.
For those that have seen my comments on the thread about pop top fabric repairs, I managed to trap my canvas in the hinge the other week. Dean has even patched that for me, and applied the same shape of fabric to the other side in the same location so that it doesn’t look odd.

HI @DaveyB could you PM us your phone number please so we can give you a call about this tomorrow, thanks, HiLo

Over 12 months since i had my roof fitted at Extreme Van after seeing the roof in the flesh that Wayne at hilo kindly showed us. Been well chuffed with it and also the service from Mike and Kerry when I had to deal with them over a spare part. The kids love it, camped in Wales a couple of weeks ago and it got very windy but no issues with the roof.

A happy customer.

Great that the issues are being resolved but Krikey how much travelling and time has been spent on getting it right. Thats one of the big things that putts me off some of these huge upgrades....

Great that the issues are being resolved but Krikey how much travelling and time has been spent on getting it right. Thats one of the big things that putts me off some of these huge upgrades....
Such is life @ZipcodeUK. Yes it’s taken some back and forth to get things resolved, but VanDoc is only 50 minutes up the road so it could have been worse. Gonna be worse to get my Propex heater fixed as they are down in Ringwood which is best part of 2.5 hours drive (bloody thing is permanently in fault saying battery voltage is either below 10V or above 15V - even though my Victron monitor is reading mid 13V’s).
The good thing is that after a few hundred miles there hasn’t been any creaks, rattles, or whistles.

Back