Highline map light LED replacement query

pedros_e

Afternoon,

Hope everyone is enjoying the sun!

Managed to replace all the other interior lights in my Kombi - can any help with how I get the two map lights out please? Bound to be obvious, but it’s escaping me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Do I need to remove the entire light unit?

I’ve tried with some tweezers, reluctant to try jamming a pair of pliers in there in case I snap the bulb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

image.jpg

Is this a T6.1 as it looks totally different to the one in my T6 Highline Kombi?

You see that little cut out on the left, i would try to carefully pry the fitting out of the roof console and then perhaps you’ll find the bulbs fit in from the rear?

thanks for the reply - it’s a 2016, but it’s got a sunroof, wonder if that’s a different module - found this post in thread talking about retro fitting sunroofs, has a wider angle of the whole unit

Post in thread 'Retro-Fit Sunroof'
Retro-Fit Sunroof

Does it look like this?

Look at one of the other pictures and you can see the bulbs are in little holders that fit into the rear of the unit so you will need to pry out the whole unit.

Aye, that’s the module - good find on eBay, thanks very much

And bonus, now got a link to a replacement incase I mess up the removal

I’ll have another trawl on YouTube for VAG LED replacement videos, but hunt for sunroofs now I know it’s a different module

Back