Hesitation going into drive 2017 DSG

transporta

Having an issue with a October 2017 DSG T6 going into drive when first starting, you need to wait for 3-4-5 seconds then you touch the throttle and boom it jumps in with a clunk, it doesn’t feel good at all. Seems to go into reverse no problems. DSG oil has been replaced and looked very clean when dropped but the issue was there before the change. It’s only happened with a clunk a few times but it usually hesitates, sometimes longer than others, once warm things seem ok although the shifts are not always as smooth as other DSGs I’ve driven in non van cars. DMF is also on the way out but that seems like a separate issue. Has anyone had the same issue? I’m planning on taking it into the dealership for diagnosis but as it’s out of warranty I’m not really keen to just write the dealer a blank check, so I’m hoping to get some info before hand. Has anyone had any luck out of warranty period? I have heard of a few stories of people getting work down after the warranty has ended. the car only has 90k km.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If you don't have VCDS or OBD11 diag tools buy one and run basic settings before taking it onto a dealer. It will reintialise the kiss points for the clutches and might sort it out. Certainly helped on my T5.1 that had a fierce clutch take off in 1st.

If you don't have VCDS or OBD11 diag tools buy one and run basic settings before taking it onto a dealer. It will reintialise the kiss points for the clutches and might sort it out. Certainly helped on my T5.1 that had a fierce clutch take off in 1st.
So either of these would do the job? About to buy one and leaning toward the obd11 as I don’t have a pc laptop. I’m assuming I’d need the pro version of obd11?

Yes you're going to need pro. When I purchased mine it was cheaper to buy device from Amazon and subscription online via Obdeleven website. Saved twenty quid that way.

Yes you're going to need pro. When I purchased mine it was cheaper to buy device from Amazon and subscription online via Obdeleven website. Saved twenty quid that way.
I ordered the pro, I’ll let you know how I get on after it arrives mid next week.

That sounds like a mechatronics fault. I had a very similar issue personally on a Golf GTI a few years back. However as has been said above best to do a full reset on the box first.

Check your driveshaft as well! Before braking down mine was a bit noisy and club ku when put in reverse. 2/3 days later I broke down. Drive shaft suspected.

Let me know how you get on please. My 2019 is driving me mad!
Did a reset but it didn’t really help, it probably did help the down shifts when cold though. I just put it in drive before pulling out and wait for it to go into drive, once it’s been in drive the first time it’s fine.

Back