Help with Kenwood 8021DABS fitting

Tanstalf

T6 Pro
After removing my old radio, I am preparing for.the new Kenwood.
1000018225.jpg

I have connected the CANbus, FM and Dab and have a spare connector (black) and nothing to plug in the yellow one to. Any help appreciated.

1000018230.jpg

I have a T6 2017 with no MFSW.

I was messing about with mine earlier funnily enough. The yellow one is tucked in the dash unconnected on mine.

IMG_5276.jpegIMG_5275.jpeg

Ok, three questions from your photos

1. Where did you route the mic?
2. Do you have a MFSW as I don't have that cable that is next to MIC?
3. Where did you route the USB-C cable?

In the below YouTube, the guy calls it the yellow "media cable" at 6.08

I didn’t fit mine from new. @Absolut5 did mine for me.

The yellow USB - C is unusable as far as I’m aware.

I happened to be tinkering earlier & took a picture of the back when I removed it so I didn’t mess it up putting it all back together again.

Both Jason & @Dav-Tec are the resident ICE whizzes around here if you’re in bother.

Yeah I’ve got a MFSW.

Isn’t the plug next to the MIC what you’ve got in your hand in the second picture on the original post?

Last edited:
I bought my connectors kit from @Absolut5 so all good.

That black connector in my hand does not fit, will wait for an update on what it does.

Does your USB on the dash connect to the Radio?

Thanks for answering all my questions BTW.

No probs at all mate.

My dash USB still works but not via the yellow plug. I’ve not ever looked into that so can’t really help there.

When you say the black plug doesnt fit, do you mean into the back of the head unit? It has to go in the exact orientation it’s pictured on mine or it won’t fit. Notice how the cable is sited.

If Jason has sorted your bits, you’re already in good hands mate. What he doesn’t know ain’t worth knowing :thumbsup:

I bought my connectors kit from @Absolut5 so all good.

That black connector in my hand does not fit, will wait for an update on what it does.

Does your USB on the dash connect to the Radio?

Thanks for answering all my questions BTW.
It does fit, it’s a tight first fit, we advise to fit this plug with radio on your lap,

This connection has been like this for 10 years plus

All good. I did push it firmly and it is now secured in the socket.

I also modified the USB dashboard socket to take the Kenwood USB-C to USB-A adapter.

Back