Help!!! New seats fitted

Seat sensors are tied to airbag system ie airbags only deploy if someone is in the seat so airbag fault should clear when you sort the rear of the wiring

I’m sure I read on another thread that someone who also removed seats had a similar issue. A short drive then seemed to clear the faults and they didn’t return. Worth a try.

For T6.1 double seat:
Red (2 wires) - seat occupied sensor
Green (2 wires) - pressure sensor for seat occupied recognition

For details see below sheet No. 17/7 on linked wiring diagram (EDIT: 17/5 )
Thanks, I’m guessing then if these are not connected, if in an accident it won’t recognise that anyone is sat in the seat and wouldn’t set off air bag if needed?

Thanks, I’m guessing then if these are not connected, if in an accident it won’t recognise that anyone is sat in the seat and wouldn’t set off air bag if needed?
That's what I'm afraid of.

What year Tiguan the seat are from? What kind of plugs (plug colour, wire colours)they have?
My guess is the passenger seat has two black plugs with green/red+brown wires, and green/blue+brown wires? These would be connected to airbag control unit. Besides these there could be seat heater wiring?

That's what I'm afraid of.

What year Tiguan the seat are from? What kind of plugs (plug colour, wire colours)they have?
My guess is the passenger seat has two black plugs with green/red+brown wires, and green/blue+brown wires? These would be connected to airbag control unit. Besides these there could be seat heater wiring?
They are from a 2019 Tiguan. There is two plugs on the seat can’t remember what colour need to go out and have a look . Yes they are heated as well, although my van doesn’t have the wiring for it (that’s for another day). I’ll post a pic up of seat wiring soon.

These are the plugs on my passenger seat with the same on drivers. If yellow are air bag I thought it my say on side of seat if it had them??B2EACBD2-0985-4E3F-A81D-BDC50C2FDF3C.jpeg

9B480D83-30A4-46CB-8A91-967F122FA391.jpeg

A1024DA0-9C21-437B-A9E2-6F8ABAEE6B98.jpeg

Reactions: mmi
Yellow connector in Tiguan seat is side airbag igniter.

The leftover T6.1 connectors and their functions are explained in the linked wiring diagram (in Downloads).

It would be useful to make a list of occupied pins and the wiring colours of Tiguan's 17-pin?? connector so their functionality (against correct wiring diagram) could be confirmed. See below T17v /pin#

However, a wiring diagram of a Tiguan suggests there is instead of simple switches (as in T6.1) possibly a more "intelligent" occupancy sensor (G128 symbol).
1672060122537.png

whereas T6.1 (below) double passenger seat uses four switch-type sensors to recognise seat belt fastened & seat occupied conditions. Wires going up to airbag controller.
1672060536302.png

Yellow connector in Tiguan seat is side airbag igniter.

The leftover T6.1 connectors and their functions are explained in the linked wiring diagram (in Downloads).

It would be useful to make a list of occupied pins and the wiring colours of Tiguan's 17-pin?? connector so their functionality (against correct wiring diagram) could be confirmed. See below T17v /pin#

However, a wiring diagram of a Tiguan suggests there is instead of simple switches (as in T6.1) possibly a more "intelligent" occupancy sensor (G128 symbol).
View attachment 183090

whereas T6.1 (below) double passenger seat uses four switch-type sensors to recognise seat belt fastened & seat occupied conditions. Wires going up to airbag controller.
View attachment 183094
Thanks for all this. I will have a look at the connections and make some notes.

It’s at this point you wished you hadn’t dived in head first and done a bit more homework!!! It’s looking like I’ll be putting it back to standard until I can get it sorted!!!

Reactions: mmi
There's no seatbelt warning for the passenger side, in case that's helpful. At least not on the T6

My 2017 Shuttle SE had a double seat bench with a yellow connector. The replacement single seat doesn't have a seat airbag so after googling I bought a 3 ohm to make the circuit of the two airbag wires. I forgot the two wires, and your T6.1 no doubt has different colour anyway. But if you have no airbag or can't resolve which is which you could just use a resistor to fool the ECU into thinking it has one, though the T6.1 seat might have a different resistance than the older T6

Well I have put everything back to standard for the time being until I can get some more info if I can get this to work.

Now just waiting for green flag as my battery is now flat

Question. Do all T6.1 have these plugs on the double seat??

And would it be possible to rob these from a donor seat and fit them into the Tiguan seat??? Along with any sensors etc

68600265-2019-4BAD-A696-088BA4744B17.jpeg

Back