Help!!! New seats fitted

Knightroturbo

T6.1
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

I have fitted some Tiguan R Line seats into my T6.1 but can’t see where to connect the cable coming from the seatbelt catch.

Anyone any idea if I leave disconnected for now, am I ok to do this or will I get fault codes etc??

Sorry can't help but have you got any pictures? Looking at new seats myself and like the tray on the back of the Tiguan R seats.

They look good ....did you use the Tiguan seat belt catches or swap and use the Transporter ones?

Does the drivers one have a lead to plug in for the seatbelt warning? My logic in suggesting changing them over.

Does the drivers one have a lead to plug in for the seatbelt warning? My logic in suggesting changing them over.
Yes it does. Yeah it’s a good idea. The bench seat has two for the seat belts and two others which seem to go to the seat pads?? I’ll post a pic

I've had pervious cars that sense weight on the passenger seat and cause the seat belt warning light.........maybe your T6.1 has this ?

I've had pervious cars that sense weight on the passenger seat and cause the seat belt warning light.........maybe your T6.1 has this ?
That was my thoughts as well although I haven’t got the seatbelt warning light on now, just the air bag light ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

These are the cables I had to disconnect to take seat out. Didn’t turn ignition on whilst disconnected. The only four not connected are on pic above.

67D77B54-52F2-47D2-9BCB-6432A39B1ADE.png

You’re going to need vagcom or carista to reset your light so that should tell you where the fault is from anyway.

The black & white plugs are for the seat belts. Not sure what the red & green are for??
For T6.1 double seat:
Red (2 wires) - seat occupied sensor
Green (2 wires) - pressure sensor for seat occupied recognition

For details see below sheet No. 17/7 on linked wiring diagram (EDIT: 17/5 )

Last edited:
Back