Help Needed Problem Registering Carista Scanner

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Today my Carista scanner arrived.
I installed the App from the iStore.
Plugged the scanner in Did a scan for faults. It came up with 2 faults but the codes were blanked out.
I tried to register the App I thought I got a free mont (didn't realise I had to purchase a year subscription to get this.)
However when I get to this screen:

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 18.18.19.png
I selected the PRO SUBSCRIPTION and it asked me to press the side button to confirm. I did this and then I got this error message:
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 18.18.36.png

What do I need to do? I don't have any other OBD adapter!
Thanks

yes you do get a month free . . . . .

but you have to register for the year with a valid credit card/paypal etc up front at the start.

then just cancel your subscription before the end of the free month and you wont get charged.

or just pay the £34 and have pro all year round.

yes you do get a month free . . . . .

but you have to register for the year with a valid credit card/paypal etc up front at the start.

then just cancel your subscription before the end of the free month and you wont get charged.

or just pay the £34 and have pro all year round.

I cant subscribe. The purchase fails and I get the above error message in the photo.

And for the initial connection.

have the carista plugged into the van with the ignition switched on.

connect the app via the Bluetooth,

then have the app open and register with carista.

your phone needs to be able to get out onto the internet via 4g or wifi . . . . . . so dont try this in an under groud bunker. =]

And for the initial connection.

have the carista plugged into the van with the ignition switched on.

connect the app via the Bluetooth,

then have the app open and register with carista.

your phone needs to be able to get out onto the internet via 4g or wifi . . . . . . so dont try this in an under groud bunker. =]

I did this:
Carista plugged into OBD Port
Switched on ignition.
Opened App.
Did a scan
got 2 faults with codes blanked by *******
tried to read faults aske to register, went throught the process until I got the error message in pic in first post.

You need to be connected to the internet to subscribe
You cannot be connected to more then one device at a time
Disconnect from Carista, go indoors for a cup of tea so you reconnect to your house WiFi, do the subscription then go back out and play

Thanks for all the help. I was connected to the internet via wifi.

However problem solved. I installed the app on my own phone. Connected and subscribed. Everything worked.
Tried it with the first phone and it worked that time. Not sure why.

No I have 1 fault:
Battery Regulator
02256 Quiescent Current.

Sweet..

Thanks for all the help. I was connected to the internet via wifi.

However problem solved. I installed the app on my own phone. Connected and subscribed. Everything worked.
Tried it with the first phone and it worked that time. Not sure why.

No I have 1 fault:
Battery Regulator
02256 Quiescent Current.

That fault is normally down to extra stuff you have plugged in that using power when The van is asleep..

I'm my case.... I Left The carista dongle plugged in over night.

Sweet..

That fault is normally down to extra stuff you have plugged in that using power when The van is asleep..

I'm my case.... I Left The carista dongle plugged in over night.

Thanks, I am guessing that its to do with the problems of the interior lights not working in the automatic mode and staying on.

Thanks, I am guessing that its to do with the problems of the interior lights not working in the automatic mode and staying on.
That s strange.

Though they should have a built in 10min or so timer so if you leftthe lights on they shutoff to save the battery.

That s strange.

Though they should have a built in 10min or so timer so if you leftthe lights on they shutoff to save the battery.

Yes, they do that, as long as I leave the front of the 2 van compartment lights permanently switched off. If I put it in the "auto" [position the lights wont go off when the van is locked or even when the engine is on and Im driving.

Back