Help making decision.....

Go and have a look at Revampavan, they're in Christchurch. :)
We liked the setup and guys there, but the distance was a major factor as we live in Preston.

Go and have a look at Revampavan, they're in Christchurch. :)
We liked the setup and guys there, but the distance was a major factor as we live in Preston.
I'll look now

Its about £1500 more than the other place i looked at like for likebut i need to go and compare the conversion to get an idea of comparison. May go tomorrow.
Thanks

Last edited:
I think if you start with a T28 base, you will be short of usable payload once the conversion is in.

Yeah T30 is the safer option. I had the chance of a demo T28 but my conversion guy recommended waiting for the T30. It depends on conversion as some seats, cabinets and poptop weigh more than others but with Cali seat/bed and SCA roof my guy reckons your getting on for 3tonne fully loaded.

FWIW, we were advised to go T32 Kombi, Highline by the people who converted ours. That was Exploria in Brighouse. I have to say they did a superb job - although the overall cost of a brand new van and the conversion was somewhat eye-watering. In fairness, we went for the 204, and did include a few extras to the van, and pretty much a top-of-the-range spec for the outfitting in terms of quality as distinct from "bling".

I can report that the 204 is pretty impressive, and embarrassed a sporty Audi yesterday. I would have liked the DSG box, but my wife isn't an auto fan so that was the end of that! The extra tax, price and consumption penalty was the rational reason though.

A Cali would have been cheaper, but nowhere in the same league. We specifically wanted LWB which of course ruled the Cali out at first base. On the subject of seats, we considered the various seat / bed offerings from some of the other converters we spoke to, but having had the van fitted with a genuine VW Cali seat / bed system there is no comparison to all the others in terms of overall fit and flexibility.

FWIW, we were advised to go T32 Kombi, Highline by the people who converted ours. That was Exploria in Brighouse. I have to say they did a superb job - although the overall cost of a brand new van and the conversion was somewhat eye-watering. In fairness, we went for the 204, and did include a few extras to the van, and pretty much a top-of-the-range spec for the outfitting in terms of quality as distinct from "bling".

I can report that the 204 is pretty impressive, and embarrassed a sporty Audi yesterday. I would have liked the DSG box, but my wife isn't an auto fan so that was the end of that! The extra tax, price and consumption penalty was the rational reason though.

A Cali would have been cheaper, but nowhere in the same league. We specifically wanted LWB which of course ruled the Cali out at first base. On the subject of seats, we considered the various seat / bed offerings from some of the other converters we spoke to, but having had the van fitted with a genuine VW Cali seat / bed system there is no comparison to all the others in terms of overall fit and flexibility.
Sounds very impressive, have you posted any pictures up yet?

Ahh - they were originally linked from D/box - clearly not the way on this forum. Are they visible now?

Yes that better, we host images locally here to preserve the forum over time and make sure posts remain intact, it's a little heavy on storage but think it's worth the price to be the number 1 T6 forum ;)

View attachment 10838 View attachment 10837
At the moment we are looking at funkydubz.com based in Southbourne. Nice owner and a solid good quality but simple conversion that's nicely thought out and a reimo roof. There's lot of useable storage and once the table is removed you can use the entire length of the floor for those visits to b&q.
Swb as we want to use it daily and dont want to be restricted with parking etc.

Where would you be restricted with parking?

Where would you be restricted with parking?
Tight carparks tiny villages etc. We have had interesting moments in an SUV and any bigger would have been interesting. I recall a village in Naples where we I had to do a u turn and it was a total nightmare. We want a car sized footprint as it's all we need.

We want a car sized footprint as it's all we need.

We went LWB for a variety of reasons, and as we're both used to driving mini-buses etc we're ok with the size. This said, we did opt for reversing sensors and also had a reversing camera fitted at conversion. Both of which make reverse parking so easy! In terms of footprint, it's not much longer than my V70 Volvo - but realistically I question whether a LWB Transporter is a practical "daily vehicle". The SWB probably is.

Completely disagree with this. I have a 102bhp full camper conversion and it has more than enough power
I'd go along with that, mine is a 102 too and it's fine, it will never compete at Santa Pod that's for sure but it's got more than enough power for a camper, let's face it, T2 campers are realistically running with less that 60BHP. For me 102BHP is fine and I have no plans to get it mapped to get more, I would however prefer the 6 speed box

I'm hiring a t5 1.9 with 102bhp for four nights in October to try before we buy. This should give me a good idea as to whether I'd be happy with the t6 102.
I would still like to know where the 102 5 speed revs sit at 70mph.

We went LWB for a variety of reasons, and as we're both used to driving mini-buses etc we're ok with the size. This said, we did opt for reversing sensors and also had a reversing camera fitted at conversion. Both of which make reverse parking so easy! In terms of footprint, it's not much longer than my V70 Volvo - but realistically I question whether a LWB Transporter is a practical "daily vehicle". The SWB probably is.
Daily use is paramount for us so swb won. Lwb is more visually striking imo.

I'd go along with that, mine is a 102 too and it's fine, it will never compete at Santa Pod that's for sure but it's got more than enough power for a camper, let's face it, T2 campers are realistically running with less that 60BHP. For me 102BHP is fine and I have no plans to get it mapped to get more, I would however prefer the 6 speed box
I've read that the 6 speed has quite short initial gearing which can be both good and annoying. As I anticipate 90% town and country driving the 102 5 speed with its substantial savings seems very viable.

Back