Hello Folks...

Long tall John

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello All,
We are complete novices to camper vans but are eagerly awaiting a new T6 Highline 150 DSG T28 panel van with barn doors which should be with us in 5-6 weeks hopefully. It is coming with two single swivel seats, sliding door automatic latching, and powered folding mirrors. We tried to get the headlights upgraded to H7's when we heard about the rubbish H4's which come as standard, but were too late to get the order changed due to the production starting for the T6.1 even though we haven't got confirmation of the build week yet (we heard you could change specifications up till the confirmation of the build date but the change of model has thrown a spanner in this).

For our conversion we are having tinted windows, a 118 bed (3/4 width bed), beach ply board cabinets with lockers, sink, fridge and cooker. We have decided to not get a pop top or solar panel but (and still looking into this) upgrading the electrics to 100Ah lithium battery with DC-DC charger.

The only thing we would like to change (apart from headlights) is the fridge. We would really prefer a top loading one like on the California Ocean but we cant find one on line that would fit the cabinets... any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!

Anyway, I've been looking round the site for guidance the last 6weeks and it has been invaluable in helping us make our choices... Dam stressful at times but much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum @Long tall John loads of info on here. Don’t worry about the lights. H7’s are a relatively easy retro fit. I think @ROMANY TAMPIN has a top loading fridge and maybe able to offer you some more advice :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm back from a trip
Need and help ?
Thanks a lot but I checked your thread out and noticed you had a long wheelbase. We are getting a short wheelbase and having a wardrobe fitted at the end of our cupboards so I don't think it's possible to have a top loader fridge with our specifications. We are tempted to do without the gas rings and put a top loader fridge there and just cook with a small portable unit that we place on the table or outside. Decisions decisions!!

so true... but you can get some very good portable compressor cool boxes if they are 12volt COMPRESSOR. Its the compressor aspect that makes them light on energy and they can plug into your cigarette lighter socket. (just so people know)

Thanks a lot but I checked your thread out and noticed you had a long wheelbase. We are getting a short wheelbase and having a wardrobe fitted at the end of our cupboards so I don't think it's possible to have a top loader fridge with our specifications. We are tempted to do without the gas rings and put a top loader fridge there and just cook with a small portable unit that we place on the table or outside. Decisions decisions!!
EvoMotion kitchens manage to squeeze a top-loader in to a SWB

You're a star... I really like the look of indel webasto bi 36. I'm really confused why this model isn't on their regular website though. It is on their indelwebastoMarine.com site. How stupid is that?!

Not!
Errr... because it was designed for marine use and sold as such? On small vessels the space available doesn't usually run in straight lines so fitting a fridge with opening door is problematic hence designing a top loader.

Back