Heavy-duty awning

ADub705

Hi All,

I'm looking at options for a heavy-duty wind-out awning for a LWB T6. It will be used to work under a couple of days per week all year round so needs to withstand reasonably high wind, heavy rain and provide shade. It needs to extend minimum of 2.5 m and have removable sides.

My concern from looking at the popular options (Fiamma, Thule, etc...) is that they all seem a little lightwieght, I think perhaps the Thule may be the best package with some of thier accessories to beef it up. Any views? Are there any more commercial options designed for more frequent use?

Thanks.

ADub705

Have you considered buying a quality camping Tarp instead of a dedicated awning. Natuaraly they may be slightly less convient to rig but equally they are far less convoluted and reliant on mechanicals. They are available from a huge range of suppliers with an even greater range of sizes, shapes and colours. They also can be used independently and stood alone and draped in numerous configurations.

Hi All,

I'm looking at options for a heavy-duty wind-out awning for a LWB T6. It will be used to work under a couple of days per week all year round so needs to withstand reasonably high wind, heavy rain and provide shade. It needs to extend minimum of 2.5 m and have removable sides.

My concern from looking at the popular options (Fiamma, Thule, etc...) is that they all seem a little lightwieght, I think perhaps the Thule may be the best package with some of thier accessories to beef it up. Any views? Are there any more commercial options designed for more frequent use?

Thanks.
The three you mentioned all (I believe) can be pegged down at the feet, and most people recommend an additional tie down kit with extra-long stakes.

They are meant for camping so may not be suitable for hardstanding in blowy conditions, unless there is a weighted option for the feet? I am sure there must be solutions for awnings, stalls etc that might work.

Thanks for your replies, we have to set-up in tarmac paddocks so can't use pegs and there are no trees/ fences. So really need a frame and use of weights (which is fine). I've considered and borrowed the ubiquitous 3m x 3m stand alone gazebos but would prefer something that is attached to the van to avoid having to walk through a waterfall when crossing between the gazebo and side door on the van!

Reactions: CAB
Thanks for your replies, we have to set-up in tarmac paddocks so can't use pegs and there are no trees/ fences. So really need a frame and use of weights (which is fine). I've considered and borrowed the ubiquitous 3m x 3m stand alone gazebos but would prefer something that is attached to the van to avoid having to walk through a waterfall when crossing between the gazebo and side door on the van!
Think I must be getting early onset dementia, spent ages trying to find the word 'gazebo' and couldn't think of it :think smile bounce:

Back