Heater fan catching noise.

tram

Engineer
T6 Pro
The heater fan seems to be just clipping something as it goes around. The sound comes from behind the glovebox area. But it doesn't always do it. So I will see how i get on with it, but mentioned it as I hope VW designers read this forum.

Had same problem, but we put it on full, cleaned out the inlets and it seems to have gone.
Assume it was a small leaf?

I have tried re circulating, changing speeds and still the bloody ticking whirring noise anyone know how to access the fan so i can get and disloge the offending leaf? Thx

If anyone has a similar issue, bit fiddly but you can get to the fan (just) by taking out the pollen filter via the panel underneath the glove box....

Any updates on this. Mine has just started doing it this morning from the passenger side vent. If I put the air circulation on it gets louder. Tried closing the vents and putting on Lo then opening to see if the pressure forces anything out but no joy. If I open the bonnet I can hear the noise from that side coming from behind the plastic grill/cover. It’s frustrating me!

Mine is still making the noise. I've seen some leaf debris under the plastic windscreen trim which I think may have been sucked into the blades of the fan. I was going to try and sort it myself but as I'm having a leisure battery fitted next week I'll get the shop to look at it then

Managed to clear mine today by setting it to “Lo” and airflow forwards then closing all the vents and then opening the one causing the issues. Did that a few times on Lo and Hi and touch wood it’s stopped

Managed to clear mine today by setting it to “Lo” and airflow forwards then closing all the vents and then opening the one causing the issues. Did that a few times on Lo and Hi and touch wood it’s stopped
Tried that a few times with mine no luck. Interestingly mine makes more noise when I reverse, must be something the fan does when reverse is selected to make the noise more noticeable

Back