Heater controls trim removal

jack454

Salesman
T6 Pro
Seem to have a slight issue where the knobs n control buttons have dropped behind the trim panel
Any ideas how to remove the black trip from round the heater controls and other bits so I can see what has occured
Pic of the trim I want to get off attached

Cheers
Kris

2A3A8DF1-D99C-4632-B9EC-DF2B1EBAF592.jpeg

Anyone pretty please
Specially the experts who can take these things to bits??

I accidentally rammed a bit of timber through from the back and it has either broken or displaced a clip ? That holds the heater controls In, the trim seems fine, just the knobs and all the buttons keep wanting to disappear behind the trim and they all seem
To
Be mounted on a single fitting piece that I’m let to believe is connected to the frame behind the dash somehow ?

I honestly dont know however the stereo trim is relatively simple to remove (you need to also remove the instrument surround) there is a youtube video for it.

That might give you some access to see down?

I honestly dont know however the stereo trim is relatively simple to remove (you need to also remove the instrument surround) there is a youtube video for it.

That might give you some access to see down?
Cheers mate
Will have a look

You have to take the trim off between the upper and lower glove box for sure as thar covers up some of the clips.
Check out this ebay auction for one of the pieces. Shows where bits are clipped

You have to take the trim off between the upper and lower glove box for sure as thar covers up some of the clips.
Check out this ebay auction for one of the pieces. Shows where bits are clipped

Many thanks paul
It’s a 6.1 but would assume all
Pretty much the same

That is from a T6.1. Auction isn't correct. :whistle:
Mines a T6.1 and I nearly bought that as was going to colour code but it went into the too much hassle pile.

On another note you may be able to reach up behind it if you remove the trims on the underside of the dash.

Cheers mate
Looks like im
In for a steuggle
Think I may have snapped the actual
Support bar that all
Controls mounted on as its one end only

Cheers mate
Looks like im
In for a steuggle
Think I may have snapped the actual
Support bar that all
Controls mounted on as its one end only
Hey Jack,
How did you get on with fixing your loose switches?
Ours has just done the same thing, on the same T6.1 manual air con switchgear. :-(
Tell me it was an easy fix! :)
Cheers,
David.

Hey Jack,
How did you get on with fixing your loose switches?
Ours has just done the same thing, on the same T6.1 manual air con switchgear. :-(
Tell me it was an easy fix! :)
Cheers,
David.

seems like i had closed the rear doors on a length of timber, that had rammed into the heater control knobs and broke the plastic support / spcaing rings on the heater stick sort of things

took all trims off, pulled knobs back forward and supoerglued back into place
seems ok at the minute

Bugger.
We have no idea how we pushed ours in.
How did you work out where to start on the trims?
Where do you start!? :-\
I’be pulled a lot of dashboards apart but this one makes me nervous with so much plastic that looks fragile and brittle.

To get to the heater controls it ALL needs to come off. Start from left to get the glovebox etc off, then the right hand side and then the centre console. I dont remember if the instrument plastic surround needs to be removed, that is the most fragile out of them all however not overly expensive if you bugger it up.

The heater controls seem to use a collapsible pin spacer to hold them out. I buggered mine installing my black trims so managed to work out the issue and used a fat zippy tie to good effect.

FAARK! That’s crazy! :-(
Thanks for the tips. At least I know to leave this until I have time to pull the whole car apart!
Cheers.

dont forget to start with the small triangle heater desmister at corner of the dash as that is the first pieceof the puzzle then it all makes sense from there on in

To get to the heater controls it ALL needs to come off. Start from left to get the glovebox etc off, then the right hand side and then the centre console. I dont remember if the instrument plastic surround needs to be removed, that is the most fragile out of them all however not overly expensive if you bugger it up.

The heater controls seem to use a collapsible pin spacer to hold them out. I buggered mine installing my black trims so managed to work out the issue and used a fat zippy tie to good effect.

that collapsible pin spacer things are what caved in on mine
didnt have any cable ties, so pulled forward into position, and a good squirt of howdens finest mitre bond did the trick :)

I finally got around to fixing the supports for our broken heater control
those plastic stand-off spacers are a &*^%$#@! joke!
for the sake of the next person, I took some photos to show that I didn’t need to remove the glovebox or any lower panels.
I reinforced the broken clip and the yet-to-be-broken one on the other end with some pvc hose, with electrical tape around it to stop if falling off.

IMG_3951.jpeg

IMG_3952.jpeg

IMG_3956.jpeg

Back