Headrest DVD screens - power

s80spf

Butcher
T6 Pro
MVPOWER
MVPOWER 2 x9" Car headrest DVD player Dual Screen Pillows Leather-Style USB SD IR FM Transmitter with IR Headphones ( 9" Black with IR Headphone )

Hi does anyone know how easy it is to fit these DVD headrest??
Electrics ETC

I have Motormax headrests fitted in my T6 and want to remove them as we don’t use them and want to fit seat swivels. However I am unsure of the wiring and if the seat backs will have to come off to remove the headrest.

I don’t have user manuals or installation guides And there absolutely no information online for these.

Anybody come across these units before and how to remove them as I don’t really want to strip the seat down to get them out.

Assuming the DVD player is built in then you should only have a power feed. You should see the cables underneath the seat base and then trace them to where they are connected. They should be fused into at least an ignition live in one of the fuse boxes. You might be lucky if there is a suitable connection under one of the seats if not it will be in the dash. Once disconnected you should be able to pul the cables through to the headrest unless its been cable tied in to existing looms. If there is any securing behind the seat covers look on you tube there should be plenty of videos on how to remove the seat covers

Assuming the DVD player is built in then you should only have a power feed. You should see the cables underneath the seat base and then trace them to where they are connected. They should be fused into at least an ignition live in one of the fuse boxes. You might be lucky if there is a suitable connection under one of the seats if not it will be in the dash. Once disconnected you should be able to pul the cables through to the headrest unless its been cable tied in to existing looms. If there is any securing behind the seat covers look on you tube there should be plenty of videos on how to remove the seat covers
Cheers Airhoguk, managed to find out who the installers where and cable leading upto the headrest had a connector, a case of unclipping the back of the seat cover and putting my hand up the back and disconnecting them.

Hi,

I am after some technical wiring advice. I am new to the VW Van club and I have a 2018 T6 Kombi.
The kids wanted DVD players so I have bought some Xtrons Heasrest players. They require a 12v input.

I was looking at the cabling and noticed there are a lot of cables under the passenger seat. See picture attached.
Can I .....
1. Tap into these in anyway?
2. Run a cable back to internal fuse box for a live Switch connection from the middle bank?

It would also be nice to have an option to put some USB charging ports in the back for the kids the same time.

Cheers

Nick

IMG_3903.jpg

Hi mate
You really do not want to be messing with anything under there
Best way is to piggy back from middle row of centre dash glove box.

Back