Headlight washers no longer pop up

RattyMcClelland

Chipsaway - South Nottingham
T6 Legend
Has anyone had this issue?
I can hear the motor wind up to push the washer jets up when I use the window washer however nothing pops up and therefore doesn't spray the lights.

I thought they are actuated by the pressure of the liquid in the pipe, it pushes the aperture out, sprays, then spring returns closed when liquid stops flowing ?

Is it possible your low on screenwash as the headlight wash motor is mounted higher on the reservoir than the screen wash motor and im pretty sure its also above the level sensor so think they would stop working before the dash warning comes up ?

They are pressure activated against a spring, low flow? or gummed up?

you will need 2 additional helpers for this proceedure:
Stand over it with a small trim tool and prise it gently whilst helper 1 switches on the headlights and pulls the washer lever, every 5th go you should hear the second pump, at which point lever the cover gently.

I didn't even know I had them,I'm still trying to work out how to use half the stuff :D

hope it helps

Well t**t alert.

Soon after posting my last post up I went for a drivr to the shop.
Washer fluid light came on.
I only topped it up a few days ago however I like the lemony freshness so I must have used loads of fluid squirting myself.
Anyway topped up again and it works fine. Must be as said above, one low the headlight washers don't work.

Back