Having trouble styling my T6 Starlight Swamper

joconnell123

Hi All,

I recently purchased a T6 Starlight 4 motion panel van which I will be converting to a camper.

When I decided I would start a camper conversion project, the end product which I had in mind was a swamper type vehicle.

I can find plenty of inspiration pictures of swappers in other colours (white, black, light blue, silver etc.) but can’t find any in Starlight….

Anyone have anything they could share? Finding it very hard to pair colours etc….

John.

1418CF23-F2B4-4C09-9B6A-40B22377B68A.jpeg

Although it's not the look I'm aiming for I quite often think mine looks swamper-esque with the startline bumper and dark alloys.
As for colours, I guess just black wherever possible, though admittedly it doesn't stand out anywhere as near as it does on other colours.

1707671561712.png

Hi All,

I recently purchased a T6 Starlight 4 motion panel van which I will be converting to a camper.

When I decided I would start a camper conversion project, the end product which I had in mind was a swamper type vehicle.

I can find plenty of inspiration pictures of swappers in other colours (white, black, light blue, silver etc.) but can’t find any in Starlight….

Anyone have anything they could share? Finding it very hard to pair colours etc….

John.

View attachment 229428
Hi my van swamper look more bits to do when weather to improves

IMG20230620082748.jpg

I reckon all black trims and black bolt on accessories, black or silver wheels, once you start adding all the kit it will come together, use the defenders for inspiration!B0FD6E4E-90A9-4A08-8B2B-18334DEAAB54.jpeg475DCE3E-C26B-4FDB-8BC0-317A358DAD00.jpeg98DDA927-F7E9-47D6-BB1A-937532735319.jpeg

Tbh starlight blue is dark enough that you could go for almost any colour wheels, then just add the rest of the 'swamper' look with the wheel arches, side panels, grill with lights, etc etc.

The chrome side bars will go against the look but they can be swapped or removed.

I've got my eye on a set of bronze OZ rally raids to go on my black caravelle. It has some extra chrome though so the full on swamper look with be hard to achieve.

Photoshop of mine with the bronze wheels
1000006243.jpg

A rear rack and external spare looks very 'swamper' and makes a big change to the look.

@Green Giant - you’re right, the pictures of the defender’s does provide some inspiration. Thinking of a black chequer panel on the back window quarter for mounting gear etc. without scratching the bodywork. See below photo.

Think the colour of the van in the photo isn’t too far from the starlight either. Black suits well.

The front bars on that van are hard got though (as far as I can see), and you’ll pay the price if you find one.

BEA45D25-044D-41D5-860D-2B66952A5A9C.jpeg

There are definitely a few companies in the uk that make/supply a front A bar if that’s on your list, just google image search front A bar vw transporter,

Back