Have I got a heated screen

Giveaways to know whether the van has it? If the previous owner replaced it I don’t think so. The dash switch will confirm whether it was originally installed

Should the dash button light up for the heated screen when switched on? I’ve got t6.1

If you remove the wipers and scuttle trim you will see the electrical connections at the bottom of the windscreen.

They can be seen in most cars that have them. Particularly when driving towards the sun or head lamps. They can be a mixed blessing.

They can be seen in most cars that have them. Particularly when driving towards the sun or head lamps. They can be a mixed blessing.

We have a VW Golf with a different arrangement - its factory fitted. From what i can gather there must be some heating elements along the bottom of the screen . Its superior to the van and any other vehicle we've had with a heated screen. There's no switch, the heater controls must activate it. Only giveaway is the screen is a funny colour from the outside.

I’m sure the button should light up when it’s on though right? Mine isn’t lighting up

It certainly should light up yellow when it’s on. It needs the engine to be started though. It won’t work when the ignition is on 1st or 2nd position.

Back