Has anyone left their T6 standing unused for 3 months or more?

La Dodgy Vita

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I'm going overseas for three months this winter so my T6 will probably sit unused on my driveway for that time.
Now, I can cope with a flat battery and some surface rust on the discs but I was wondering if anyone else had left their T6 (or any other vehicle) standing for that lenght of time during winter and whether it caused any more permanent / expensive harm.
A good neighbour has offered to drive it say once a month for me but it's going to cost me about £95.00 to add her to my insurance (buying say 3 x one-day insurances will cost about the same) and I'm tight!
Thanks in advance
Darryl

I hate to admit it but mine sits on the drive for months on end unused. Over winter it can be 6!.
I have a small Noco 5amp charger I leave in the cig socket which maintains the battery, once a month I run the diesel heater (it’s a camper) and the solar panel does the leisure battery. I slightly over inflate the tyres but other than that nothing and I never start the engine as I have been told it causes more harm than good.
It never fails to start first time at the end of its holiday and it always has a service/oil change at the start of the season.
I know we should use it more but………..

I hate to admit it but mine sits on the drive for months on end unused. Over winter it can be 6!.
I have a small Noco 5amp charger I leave in the cig socket which maintains the battery, once a month I run the diesel heater (it’s a camper) and the solar panel does the leisure battery. I slightly over inflate the tyres but other than that nothing and I never start the engine as I have been told it causes more harm than good.
It never fails to start first time at the end of its holiday and it always has a service/oil change at the start of the season.
I know we should use it more but………..
Thanks for the reply Nigel.
Mine's also a camper so I may just get my neighbour to plug the leisure battery into the mains and run the diesel heater now and again.
Yes, idling an engine now and again without a good run definitely does more harm than good.
Cheers

Carcoon is the best thing. Not sure if there do one in van size.
Been perfect for my classic cars.
Can even drive a wet car in and it dries it whilst keeping the air moisture content at a perfect level. No rust on discs etc.

Back