Has anyone considered a different van??

I came across the VW scene in my early twenties when I had an old beetle and went to the Bug Jam etc etc…. owning a Transporter was a distant dream then, but I’ve got one now and no, I personally wouldn’t have any other van!

So I fully agree with @Mixersmate Hell yeah it’s all about the cool factor! :cool: Any other van would just be a soulless vehicle!

I'm a Yorkshireman.......so every pound is a prisoner, and as such the swb Kombi T32 ticks all the boxes for a work vehicle. I get a hell of a deal through an organisation I'm a member of. I get the vat back, and the depreciation is excellent. The smallest Vito would offer the same vat wise, but isn't big enough in the load area, and the rest, Ford, Renault etc are pants. That said, having to spend a small fortune on changing the suspension to get the ride somewhere near as good as the Vito is not on really, and waiting 8 months with no sign of my new one even being built is beyond a joke now. As for the scene....... nah, not for me, and don't wave at me, I'm not your mate.

Mine is simple. I moved to Devon. Had to be a transporter. anything else would just not cut it down here. its all i see. and i am part of that. Love it.
Can’t be too precious about them either, with a hot wet summer one hedge is touching the other at the moment. Free car wash.

I'm a Yorkshireman.......so every pound is a prisoner, and as such the swb Kombi T32 ticks all the boxes for a work vehicle. I get a hell of a deal through an organisation I'm a member of. I get the vat back, and the depreciation is excellent. The smallest Vito would offer the same vat wise, but isn't big enough in the load area, and the rest, Ford, Renault etc are pants. That said, having to spend a small fortune on changing the suspension to get the ride somewhere near as good as the Vito is not on really, and waiting 8 months with no sign of my new one even being built is beyond a joke now. As for the scene....... nah, not for me, and don't wave at me, I'm not your mate.
:waving::waving::waving:

Had a Chevy Astra Van for 8 years, 40K and never touched the engine. Would love a Chevy Suburban, V10 diesel. Tugs 10,000Kg. Would hire it out to film studios, and diplomats etc.

Considered it and eventually changed.... Loved the T6 we had, but with 8-12 week trips abroad being the plan for the future, more space and a fixed bed / shower / toilet and the ability to stand up in it without the pop top up was the deciding factor.

Do I miss the T6?..... Yes, definitely but wouldn't go back now

Considered it and eventually changed.... Loved the T6 we had, but with 8-12 week trips abroad being the plan for the future, more space and a fixed bed / shower / toilet and the ability to stand up in it without the pop top up was the deciding factor.

Do I miss the T6?..... Yes, definitely but wouldn't go back now
What did you get?

Me too.
Love my T6, only had it about 18 months but after having done 3 trips away in it I’m already getting fed up of having to make the bed every evening and pack it away every morning.
we love the t6 too, putting the bed up/down isn't an issue, 20sec either way. The only reason for going bigger would be to gain a shower & loo, however compact. We have plenty of space in the T6 for our needs & it can go anywhere. We would have to go for a medium height LWB MAN to fit a bathroom in & it might end up too big.

If I did another camper in the future I would go for a Sprinter or a MAN too. I like the idea of the bigger space being able to stand and building a tiny home on wheels.
Would love it to be AWD expedition style too. Love my Transporter though. Vans of this size I would always go for a Transporter, maybe a LWB as I have SWB.
Got to finish my Transporter build first! :p

What did you get?
Fiat Ducato based 5.4M Knaus Boxstar with the 9 speed auto transmission

Like I said, miss the T6 in some ways, but certainly don't miss the constant game of 'tetris' that we had going on :D- esp converting the bed back and forth each day........

Do however love everthing about the Knaus so far

Our T6 next to the new van below: -

PXL_20210516_120233196.jpgPXL_20210801_122533612 (1).jpgPXL_20210723_062305642.jpg

Sept will be the true test for the Knaus, 4 weeks away in Scotland :cool:

Back