Has anyone challenged lk performance on there price match promise ?

andythom188

Electrician
T6 Legend
Has any one on her took lk performance up on there offer to price match ?
only asking as seen a set of wheels from a few sellers on the usa ebay site and wheel stockists in usa and they post worldwide and with postage and import charges are a few hundred pounds cheaper.

just asking on here before I call them next week to ask if possible would be good if they would as I've got a uk seller then to go to if have a warranty issue within the first year.
does not state got to be in the uk and cannot find any small print

Price Match Promise

price-match-badge.jpg

* If you can purchase the same product that we sell at a cheaper price we will match the price on proof of competitors price and stock availability.

• 1 The product must be in stock
  • 2 Must be identical, i.e same brand, model number, colour etc.
  • 3 You may only make one claim per price match
  • 4 We reserve the right to withdraw the price match at anytime
  • 5 We must verify the price match

I've purchased 2 sets of wheels off LK, and will be buying another set in the new year. I deal with just the one chap called Tom, and he always makes sure he does the best deal he can. He even took £100 off my last set of Savini wheels that I didn't ask for.
He sent me a fitting kit with my latest wheels, and the bolts were the standard silver. I contacted him and asked if he could get the bolt set, and locking nuts in Black to match the wheels for me to purchase, and they were sent to me 2 days later FOC.
Not only this, I had a tiny mark on one wheel that I told Tom about, and he ordered another wheel straight away, and let me keep the marked one as a spare for a very minimal price.

For me, it's great to deal with a guy that knows my preferences, and knows his wheels. Plus he is a proper petrol head, which helps. I wouldn't use anyone else to be honest, and I doubt i'd get that kind service elsewhere.

Last edited:
I've purchased 2 sets of wheels off LK, and will be buying another set in the new year. I deal with just the one chap called Tom, and he always makes sure he does the best deal he can. He even took £100 off my last set of Savini wheels that I didn't ask for.
He sent me a fitting kit with my latest wheels, and the bolts were the standard silver. I contacted him and asked if he could get the bolt set, and locking nuts in Black to match the wheels for me to purchase, and they were sent to me 2 days later FOC.
Not only this, I had a tiny mark on one wheel that I told Tom about, and he ordered another wheel straight away, and let me keep the marked one as a spare for a very minimal price.

For me, it's great to deal with a guy that knows my preferences, and knows his wheels. Plus he is a proper petrol head, which helps. I wouldn't use anyone else to be honest, and I doubt i'd get that kind service elsewhere.
Sounds like a descent chap might have to ask to speak to tom next week and see how i get on

Sounds like a descent chap might have to ask to speak to tom next week and see how i get on

He's always hit the mark for me, and knows his sizes and offsets if you tell him the look you want to achieve.
What wheels are you looking at?

He's always hit the mark for me, and knows his sizes and offsets if you tell him the look you want to achieve.
What wheels are you looking at?
Think going back to 20s deep concave fronts 8.5 et35, rear 10 et40 there are a few on my list not bothered what colour they come in as off to the powder coaters they will be going

I spent months looking through wheels, and trying to find that nice concave look. I found that quite a few of the wheels that claimed to be concave, where very minimal. Have a look through the Savini range. I'm really happy with the depth of concave on mine, and they look the dogs turning slowly in the the mirrors.

This clip shows you just how deep the concave is.
Mine are the BM13 currently in 19" diamond cut, but ordering the same BM13 in 20" Gloss Black in the new year.

I will have to look at these look like got some nice designs.
I also spent months looking then give up then start all over again , have even contemplated 19" rangrover banded steels but these are not cheap either

I will have to look at these look like got some nice designs.
I also spent months looking then give up then start all over again , have even contemplated 19" rangrover banded steels but these are not cheap either

I love the look of the 19" Landrover banded steels, but I think the van needs to be down very low to pull off the look, and the load rated tyres are not available in low profiles on 19's
Hence why i'm moving to 20's

They might say it has to be in this country ,
Performance alloys in Ireland are cheaper than lk ,I was going to see if lk t would match them .

I love the look of the 19" Landrover banded steels, but I think the van needs to be down very low to pull off the look, and the load rated tyres are not available in low profiles on 19's
Hence why i'm moving to 20's
19s with 45 profile if i rember .
with 20s you can go 40 profile
Yes to pull the steel banded look off ig has to be low

They might say it has to be in this country ,
Performance alloys in Ireland are cheaper than lk ,I was going to see if lk t would match them .
This is what i think they might say , yes have had quotes off performance alloys and are cheaper than lk but the usa sellers is still cheaper than them aswel by about £300 its the vat that hikes the prices up in the uk

I spent months looking through wheels, and trying to find that nice concave look. I found that quite a few of the wheels that claimed to be concave, where very minimal. Have a look through the Savini range. I'm really happy with the depth of concave on mine, and they look the dogs turning slowly in the the mirrors.

This clip shows you just how deep the concave is.
Mine are the BM13 currently in 19" diamond cut, but ordering the same BM13 in 20" Gloss Black in the new year.
There are some nice rims there @Tourershine. Do you know if any/ all are rated to 860kg?

I was in lk a few months ago and I think if you tried they would do a deal .
But I did get money off from performance alloys and and a great service a few years ago

There are some nice rims there @Tourershine. Do you know if any/ all are rated to 860kg?

Sadly not below 20" hence having to change mine, because they are rated at 800kg.
20" and above are 2200lb per wheel from the information I was given, and found on the internet, but will get confirmation directly from Savini before I make the purchase.

Back