Hands free answering, and finishing phone calls. T6.1 Highline.

bluezie

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Am I just really unobservant, or are the no buttons on the steering wheel or switch stalks to answer the phone, or finishing a call?
Only place I can see is on the MMI screen, but can't do that without taking my eye off the road.

Also while I'm thinking of it, is there a radio mute button anywhere?

Dunno what trim level you have, but my Highline with MFSW has buttons to answer & end calls. When an incoming call comes in, the MFD asks if I want to answer or reject. I use the RHS up & down buttons to select the option & press the OK button to confirm.

Reactions: Loz
Dunno what trim level you have, but my Highline with MFSW has buttons to answer & end calls. When an incoming call comes in, the MFD asks if I want to answer or reject. I use the RHS up & down buttons to select the option & press the OK button to confirm.
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I assumed it would have a green and red dedicated phone buttons on the wheel like most other vehicles.
Trouble is, whenever I've answered a call, I've been driving, so unable to experiment with random buttons!

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I assumed it would have a green and red dedicated phone buttons on the wheel like most other vehicles.
Trouble is, whenever I've answered a call, I've been driving, so unable to experiment with random buttons!
Could be a RTFM issue :whistle:

My other car has voice reconnection. When the phone rings and I don't want to talk to them I just shout out Piss off and after a few seconds it stops ringing.:grin bounce:

I have never had a problem - my phone stays at home on the wall, no need to carry one around 24 hours a day. A phone call is not so important that it has to be dealt with instantly.

Reactions: Eli
After around 45 minutes of looking in the 'FM' I gave up with a head ache, and none the wiser!!
Page 27-28 in the owners manual
Pages 54-60 in the infotainment manual

Admittedly not the clearest of instructions, but it’s all bog standard stuff & intuitive.

Page 27-28 in the owners manual
Pages 54-60 in the infotainment manual

Admittedly not the clearest of instructions, but it’s all bog standard stuff & intuitive.
You must have different manuals to me!
P 27-28 in the owner's manual are driver alert systems and dynamic road signs.
P 54-60 don't exist, infotainment manual only has 45 pages.

Well, so far I've found out that if the dash panel is set to 'phone', the up, down and OK buttons work to answer and end calls. However if it's set to anything else, as it normally is, these buttons only work for those menus, and phone doesn't switch over when there is an incoming call. Far safer to answer the phone illegally than faff about with menus whilst driving........

Well, so far I've found out that if the dash panel is set to 'phone', the up, down and OK buttons work to answer and end calls. However if it's set to anything else, as it normally is, these buttons only work for those menus, and phone doesn't switch over when there is an incoming call. Far safer to answer the phone illegally than faff about with menus whilst driving........
Did you try what @Absolut5 suggested above? Use the OK button. I'm sure thats how I do it.

Did you try what @Absolut5 suggested above? Use the OK button. I'm sure thats how I do it.
As I said above, the Ok button only works to answer the phone when the dash panel is set to 'phone'.

So it would appear that for true hands free operation, the dash panel needs to be set to 'phone' permanently (mine is always set to ACC), or you have to mess with the dash menu to select 'phone' before pressing OK to answer the call, or take your eyes off the road to press the button on the head unit. Seems a bit of a crap system to me.........

That’s not how mine works. If a call comes in, the MFD switches to phone, regardless of what it’s already showing. The option to “answer” is already pre-selected & all I have to do is press the OK button on the steering wheel. To end/reject the call, I press the down arrow to select “end” and press the OK button. All this can be done without taking my eyes off the road. It would seem that something isn’t right with your setup.
Have you actually paired the phone to the van?
If you go to the phone screen either on the head unit or MFD, do your last calls & contacts appear in both screens?
Do you have the standard head unit or aftermarket?
What phone/version are you using?
What van/trim level are you in?

That’s not how mine works. If a call comes in, the MFD switches to phone, regardless of what it’s already showing. The option to “answer” is already pre-selected & all I have to do is press the OK button on the steering wheel. To end/reject the call, I press the down arrow to select “end” and press the OK button. All this can be done without taking my eyes off the road. It would seem that something isn’t right with your setup.
Have you actually paired the phone to the van?
If you go to the phone screen either on the head unit or MFD, do your last calls & contacts appear in both screens?
Do you have the standard head unit or aftermarket?
What phone/version are you using?
What van/trim level are you in?
This is how mine behaves also.

Back