Halo Roof Lining

chuddly71

VIP Member
Hi, I am part way through my conversion and didnt want to go down the pop top route. Has anyone installed a halo roof I think they are called? Goes just below the roof lining. Just wondered if you made your own and how you attached them?

Yes that's it. Did you attach it to the roof lining first and then all of it to the roof of the van? Did you use clips to secure it?

The main roof bit (covered in blue) is 3.6mm ply.
The bit round the edge you can see in the first 2 pics is 12mm ply and screwed to the main roof.
That is the attached to the existing holes in the van with plastic bits that go in the holes and then screws into these bits. (I will see if i can find some spare ones and take a pic.
The black it round the edge is 3.6mm ply and fastened using Harrison hidden clips.

The main roof bit (covered in blue) is 3.6mm ply.
The bit round the edge you can see in the first 2 pics is 12mm ply and screwed to the main roof.
That is the attached to the existing holes in the van with plastic bits that go in the holes and then screws into these bits. (I will see if i can find some spare ones and take a pic.
The black it round the edge is 3.6mm ply and fastened using Harrison hidden clips.
Skyliner How did you find forming the 12mm ply around the curve of the van at the rear?

Hi @Skyliner33 is that one of plyworx_uk from eBay? I've bought one from him, taken my existing roof down...and has been since October....now seeing yours, I need to pull my finger out to finish mine!

Yours looks amazing :)

Hi @Skyliner33 is that one of plyworx_uk from eBay? I've bought one from him, taken my existing roof down...and has been since October....now seeing yours, I need to pull my finger out to finish mine!

Yours looks amazing :)
Thanks. :thumbsup:
I cant remember the company name I bought it from, but thats possible it. I looked into buying my own ply and for the hassle and wastage apart from its hard to source bits big enough I bought it from them.
I used the foam backed suedeliner, If I was doing it again, I might use the unlined stuff.

Hi guys, I’m having a pop at doing the same but in different finish to our van and am just wondering how you attach the halo 3.6mm ply to the 12mm raised board? Also do you carpet the halo ply after it’s fitted?
many thanks Russ

Hi guys, I’m having a pop at doing the same but in different finish to our van and am just wondering how you attach the halo 3.6mm ply to the 12mm raised board? Also do you carpet the halo ply after it’s fitted?
many thanks Russ

If you mean the final top cover then I used the trim clips with holes drilled into the 12mm ply. Mine came predrilled and I got it from plyworx on ebay.

Hi, how did you attach the visible part of the roof (lighter part) to the ceiling i.e. not the part under the halo?
Im not sure what you are asking. Do you mean attach the whole lining to the van roof?

Im not sure what you are asking. Do you mean attach the whole lining to the van roof?
Yes . I can see how you have fitted the edges of the main roof but how did you fit it in the middle of the van to stop it sagging? I can’t see and clips in the fabric.

Yes . I can see how you have fitted the edges of the main roof but how did you fit it in the middle of the van to stop it sagging? I can’t see and clips in the fabric.
Hi, there are not any clips in the fabric. It is just the tension in the ply that keeps it like this. The only clips that hold it too the roof are around the edge.

Does anyone offer a precut surround for the halo?
I'm just installing a poptop and want to add a nice single ply surround if i can.

Does anyone offer a precut surround for the halo?
I'm just installing a poptop and want to add a nice single ply surround if i can.

i could t find anybody making Halos so i purchased a 2nd roof cut to size from C.S.D and cut it to make the halo just need to fit it to the standard fitted roof .. will drill it in and fix as couldn't find long enough plastic clips to take both carpeted Panels

Then fixing cut to size carpeted to the halo with wedges leaving it hanging from outer edge then glue it down after to cover screw heads . Think will work.

i could t find anybody making Halos so i purchased a 2nd roof cut to size from C.S.D and cut it to make the halo just need to fit it to the standard fitted roof .. will drill it in and fix as couldn't find long enough plastic clips to take both carpeted Panels

Then fixing cut to size carpeted to the halo with wedges leaving it hanging from outer edge then glue it down after to cover screw heads . Think will work.

I already have a full roof lining so will just cut that the best it can be i think.

Back